Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Sat Mar 28th, 2009 5:13pm Post subject: I'm pissed off about Kingdom...
...because PBS doesn't show it here anymore. The more I think about it, the angrier I get.

A couple of shows were aired once upon a time and then brrrrrrip! ripped away.

Freaking teases!! X-D

Really? Wow.

Peachy Keenan

Posted Sun Mar 29th, 2009 5:06pm Post subject: I'm pissed off about Kingdom...
Damn, that's such a shame! I hate it when networks pull stunts like that. Have you considered writing in to the station and asking what gives?
I'm tempted to ask Channel Seven a similar question, as I heard they have the broadcast rights to the show, but haven't aired it yet.

Twittering @peachykeenan!

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Mar 29th, 2009 5:52pm Post subject: I'm pissed off about Kingdom...
If Kingdom was shown in my area, I am ashamed to admit that it was before I was aware of Mr. Fry. If I had seen it I am sure that I would have been writing to the TV stations as well. X-D I did check two weeks ago to see if Kingdom was on the list of shows for the two PBS stations in my area and unfortunately they are not. Don't know if they have ever been shown in this part of the country, but they should be! Watched Season One on You Tube, and just watched the first episode of Season Two this morning.

dulieGirl

Posted Mon Mar 30th, 2009 11:39pm Post subject: I'm pissed off about Kingdom...
You can watch all the Kingdom episodes on this YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ivorykisses

Hopefully the user will start posting S3 once it airs.

ginj

Member *

Posted Fri Apr 10th, 2009 5:32am Post subject: I'm pissed off about Kingdom...
Thanks for the link DulieGirl, I have watched almost all of the Kingdom episodes on You Tube. I am trying to space the last two out so that it will end at about the time Series 3 will be uploaded. However, I have also come here to say that I was looking at Netflix's list of Stephen Fry videos, and it has grown. They now have the entire Season Two of Kingdom. I may put it in my queue. They have Gormenghast now, too, if anyone is interested.

PamJH

Posted Fri Apr 10th, 2009 2:59pm Post subject: I'm pissed off about Kingdom...
I might just have to get back on Netflix. We dropped it because we weren't watching the movies; they'd just sit on top of the TV for weeks at a time. But I think that will be the only way I can see some of Stephen's stuff. I don't really want to watch Kingdom on my computer. I actually think my kids might enjoy his show so it would be better to see it on TV.

ginj

Member *

Posted Fri Apr 10th, 2009 3:14pm Post subject: I'm pissed off about Kingdom...
Pam, I have the cheapest subscription you can get ($5.00 a month, you can get two discs-one at a time- a month). I rarely take the time to watch two a month, and usually take a month to watch and return one disc. But still, it is a bargain at today's prices. The only thing I will warn you is that they have season 2, but not season 1 of Kingdom. So you kind of have to watch the first season on your computer or it may not make a lot of sense.

PamJH

Posted Fri Apr 10th, 2009 3:21pm Post subject: I'm pissed off about Kingdom...
Pam, I have the cheapest subscription you can get ($5.00 a month, you can get two discs-one at a time- a month). I rarely take the time to watch two a month, and usually take a month to watch and return one disc. But still, it is a bargain at today's prices. The only thing I will warn you is that they have season 2, but not season 1 of Kingdom. So you kind of have to watch the first season on your computer or it may not make a lot of sense.

Thanks for the tip about the first season. That cheap subscription sounds like just what I need, too.

Nitro

Posted Fri Apr 10th, 2009 7:10pm Post subject: I'm pissed off about Kingdom...
Thanks for the youtube link. It's a good excuse to hook my 'puter up to the TV.

Pam, I'm a backslidden Netflix member too. But my reason is because of my laziness. Like...I have to walk to the mailbox, walk back, put the DVD in....it wipes me out! X-D

Really? Wow.

PamJH

Posted Fri Apr 10th, 2009 7:15pm Post subject: I'm pissed off about Kingdom...
Thanks for the youtube link. It's a good excuse to hook my 'puter up to the TV.

Pam, I'm a backslidden Netflix member too. But my reason is because of my laziness. Like...I have to walk to the mailbox, walk back, put the DVD in....it wipes me out! X-D

OK, I will be brave here and reveal my lack of tech knowledge. You can hook the computer up to the TV and watch youtube on the TV? Wow. Probably be easier with a laptop, wouldn't it?

That lazy bit gets me, too. How hard would it have been to open the envelope, pop the movie into the DVD player and actually watch it, then put it back in the envelope and stick it in the mailbox? And I actually have kids who could everything but watch it for me. I am the empress of lazy.

Nitro

Posted Sat Apr 11th, 2009 2:28am Post subject: I'm pissed off about Kingdom...
"Empress of Lazy". I like that. I'll be a citizen in that kingdom X-D

It's way easier to hook a laptop up to a TV. But, here's a 'how to' link if you're interested. Of course, if you are caught in the act of doing this, you might be dethroned.

http://www.netlobo.com/laptop_tv.html

Really? Wow.

PamJH

Posted Sat Apr 11th, 2009 2:43am Post subject: I'm pissed off about Kingdom...
"Empress of Lazy". I like that. I'll be a citizen in that kingdom X-D

It's way easier to hook a laptop up to a TV. But, here's a 'how to' link if you're interested. Of course, if you are caught in the act of doing this, you might be dethroned.

http://www.netlobo.com/laptop_tv.html

You can be the prime minister. I'm much too lazy to attend to the affairs of state. And thanks for the link. I hope it didn't tire you to much to add it.:D