Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Clive

Posted Tue Jan 8th, 2013 9:36pm Post subject: I'm Sky-Blue With A Hint of Earth-Green

I had to go to this thing at work today where we learned what our predominant colour energy is.

A few months ago we answered a lot of multi-choice questions - stuff like, 'I feel I am a) More introverted and less optimistic, b) More relaxed and less determined, c) More impatient and less thrifty d) More depressed and less fastidious,' and not a single one of them made sense to me, and so I just randomly clicked on any answer for all of them.

So now apparently it's spit out my personality profile

There's a list of 'strategies for communicating' with me. One of them is, 'Make sure that information is accurate and complete.' Well, that's wrong right there. Because I love information to be false and with enormous gaps in it.

When communicating with me, you must not assume that I do not wish to empathise. True again, amazingly. Just the other day someone assumed that I didn't wish to empathise, and I cut off their head with a meat cleaver. You also mustn't 'implement change for change's sake'. Well, it's funny, because I was talking to this guy last week, and he put on a silly hat halfway through the conversation just for the heck of it, and I strangled him with some dental floss.

Among my key strengths is the fact that I live 'in and for the moment.' Wrong again. I live in the day before yesterday and for next Tuesday.

My conscious colour wheel position is located in the Accomodating ring of the sky-blue 'co-ordinator' area, on a grey, transitional spoke. My Sub-conscious wheel position is on the Focused ring in the Supporting Coordinator area. I also, apparently unusually, have a streak of sunshine yellow, which is polar opposite to sky-blue, and as such fall into only 8% of the population that combine these colour traits.

If I'm frank, this whole profile is of no use to me. I don't know what I was expecting, though. I would've been freaking out if it had been genuinely accurate. Like:

Personal Style:

Andrew is a quiet, cynical transsexual. He spends far too much on DVDs. His imaginary sex-life with Hugh Laurie may be holding him back in the business of mundane, everyday life. His mild religious guilt and crippling neuroses prevent him from becoming the prominent public figure he could be. His showerhead needs replacing.

Strengths:

Uses scissors precisely and accurately

Remembers complex song lyrics amazingly well

Is amazing at 'The Settlers 4'

Weaknesses:

Fondness for overpriced beanbags

Gets unreasonably angry at car adverts

Sits too long on the toilet reading until his poo dries and it's harder to wipe off

When communicating with Andrew, DO:

Assume he wants to discuss the controversial conclusion to the final season of House: MD.

Stand to his left - this is his best side.

Offer him a coconut mushroom. These are his favourite sweet

When communicating with Andrew NO NOT:

Use French, Dutch or Semaphore. He understands none of these

Say, 'are you a boy?' and when he answers, 'yes,' reply, 'Are you sure?'

Try to tell him what colour his personality is.

'Vote for E.L. Wisty, or invisible nudists will come along and smash you round the face.'

(E.L. Wisty)

My Attempt at Tumbling

Twitter: @CliveLive49

EllieK

Posted Wed Jan 9th, 2013 12:33am Post subject: I'm Sky-Blue With A Hint of Earth-Green

Love this!

Really does sound like the most pointless exercise imaginable, but your response to it is wonderfully funny and so much more informative than knowing what colour you've been labelled as!
Thanks for sharing the story Clive

@zany_zigzag on Twitter :)

“If you really want to be happy, all you have to do is say ‘I am beautiful’. So, I want you all tonight to go and look at the mirror and say ‘Stephen Fry is beautiful’. Good night.”

Frazzy

Posted Wed Jan 23rd, 2013 4:25pm Post subject: I'm Sky-Blue With A Hint of Earth-Green

Those things make me feel like biting people, specifically people who teach team building classes and the like,.. oddly, no such test has ever picked up on my urge to bite when I'm annoyed, which would probably be helpful information..

Also they ask the exact same question 40 times in different wording so it ends up a stream of confusing double-negative type things Like "do you not dislike not disliking unliked dislikes that aren't likes that you don't like or dislike, or not?" and choices between things that aren't mutually exclusive.. 'Do you like having lungs OR not getting hit by a sledgehammer?"

Is empathising even something people wish to do or not do? Don't you just kinda do, or not? Is wanting to emphasise empathy in itself? Are we supposed to be considering others thoughts on the subject of empathy during each conversation? Am I doing it wrong?

Are there non-overpriced beanbags? Can you really be unreasonably angry at car ads? There's a Kia ad that uses Grandmaster Flash's "the message" If somebody hasn't been bitten for this outrage there really is no justice in the world.
(Semaphore is cool.)
(The final episode was both awesome and also utter torment.)

Clive

Posted Thu Jan 24th, 2013 8:18pm Post subject: I'm Sky-Blue With A Hint of Earth-Green

Frazzy said:
(The final episode was both awesome and also utter torment.)

OMG,OMG, OMG, yes. I recall that before the final arc aired, I was talking with a friend about how it might pan out, and I joked, 'Oh, well I think House and Wilson are going to go gay for each other and ride off into the sunset.' And then we laughed.

SPOILER!

And that's so totally.... sort of.... what happened

'Vote for E.L. Wisty, or invisible nudists will come along and smash you round the face.'

(E.L. Wisty)

My Attempt at Tumbling

Twitter: @CliveLive49

Frazzy

Posted Fri Jan 25th, 2013 9:13am Post subject: I'm Sky-Blue With A Hint of Earth-Green

I wonder how often the word 'shag' has been communicated in semaphore.

I'm in the middle of watching watching all of House again, ..again, ..again..