Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Oct 13th, 2013 5:25pm Post subject: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT-PLEASE READ

Hello Everyone-

Stephen and Andrew have decided that the time has come to move away from the forum now that Twitter has superseded the social networking offering that the forum once did. They "realise that the forum community means alot to many. However, in recent years, so many of you have moved to other social circles, the work involved in maintaining the forum versus the number of users, is quite inefficient. We are incredibly grateful to Toby for his steady hand and pragmatic maturity in dealing with many of the forums issues. We want you to know that we have thought about this for well over two years and this is not a decision that we've taken lightly. We will be closing the forum when you've said all your goodbyes to each other and moved on- Andrew Sampson"

I do not have a specific date, but feel free to PM me with any questions-Toby

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Popeye

Posted Mon Oct 14th, 2013 9:56am Post subject: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT-PLEASE READ

This is very sad news! This forum has given so many people help, advice, friendship, etc. and will be very much missed! I for one would like to Thank everyone for their kindness, support and friendship which has been gratefully received and reciprocated. I will continue to visit this site and forum for as long as it exists and continue to give my fullest heartfelt support to Stephen and anyone out there willing to stay!
Your loyal Fluffette, Kaz!

Everyday should be Fryday!
Soupy Twist!

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Tue Oct 15th, 2013 1:02pm Post subject: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT-PLEASE READ

Aw. Well, it's been fun.

@PrancingJeeves on Twitter.

mvet88

Posted Tue Oct 15th, 2013 1:12pm Post subject: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT-PLEASE READ

I feel fortunate to have met such lovely people through this forum. I see most of you around on Twitter but for the one's I don't I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do in life

andrealein

Posted Tue Oct 15th, 2013 2:16pm Post subject: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT-PLEASE READ

I can see why it doesn't make much sense to keep the place.

But a huge thanks to Stephen and Andrew for creating it when they did. I have such fond memories and got to meet some of the best people because of it. I wasn't on here much anymore but I'm still getting a bit teary now.

So... good bye, I guess. At least to those of you that I don't see on Twitter. I wish you all the best for your futures!

I am not a Russian spy, cross my heart and hope to die.

nemelle

Member *

Posted Tue Oct 15th, 2013 9:44pm Post subject: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT-PLEASE READ

I've said goodbye to the forum a long ago. But there's no "goodbye to each other", no bloody way.:)
Some of the dearest people in my whole life, I owe them to this forum (and twitter of course). They are all still here, and so are memories about how wonderful this place used to be. I'll cherish them forever.
As one of my favourite writers, Andrzej Sapkowski, said, when something ends, something begins. I'm all for the new beginnings.:)
So - see you again, people. Soupy twist!

Stefi

Posted Wed Oct 16th, 2013 4:18pm Post subject: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT-PLEASE READ

I'm really sorry to see this forum go
I haven't been on much lately but I had some great times on this site! I have never seen a website with lovelier people.
So... You know how to find me on twitter! xxx

We are talking of the idea of beauty, and the beauty of ideas.

@Giggi_1

Boog

Posted Sun Oct 20th, 2013 9:41pm Post subject: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT-PLEASE READ

Okee Dokee. Well I guess this will be my last post. It's been fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSev67c_snQ

Cheers,
Boog

"Murphy was an optimist."

a_LexWilde

Posted Tue Oct 29th, 2013 10:12pm Post subject: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT-PLEASE READ

I have a fucking hole in my chest. Ok, I could have said it with more poetry, very well, but it's really what I have.
Thank you for making this forum, thank you for allowing us to meet amazing people. We use other social circles, but no others has the real gift this one has: a mass of lovely loving people,with all their kindness and honesty. Without tricks. No need to fight on this forum, no need to hide or blush or everything. We were just a full part of the group as soon as we arrived. It was a very enjoyable travel, with beautiful landscape and dreamily time. It was so completely out of our everyday life, but it allowed us so truly to be ourself.
It was nice.

I will miss it terribly.

Oh dear, war, here we are : Go on, guys!

Si tu acceptes de perdre un peu de ta liberté pour te sentir en sécurité, alors tu ne mérites ni l'un, ni l'autre.

@a_LexWilde

Peachy

Posted Fri Nov 1st, 2013 4:41pm Post subject: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT-PLEASE READ

Bye bye forum you will be missed.
I have met so many people here who are all brilliant and lovely and have had some great memories here. I will never forget how we all came together for the projects we did which I was honoured to have taken part in and enjoyed immensely. So goodbye forum and you can all find me on twitter if your not on twitter farewell.
xx

We judge ourselves by our ability to make a difference. Not noisily or with sanctimonious complacency, but deep inside, in that still small place where we really talk to ourselves - Stephen Fry
my twitter @peachytweety
:) :) xx