Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

diane tigue

Posted Thu Mar 27th, 2008 11:41am Post subject: incident in a counry garden
This is another of my children's poems - there must be a more elegant way of posting - I am afraid I am turning people off with this cut and paste job - anyway please tell me if there is a better way to post http://papertiguer.com/designsb.cfm?item_id=101url[/url]

s_gardiner

Posted Mon Mar 31st, 2008 8:43pm Post subject: incident in a counry garden
Hi Diane

Liked the poem, really liked the feel of the meter, it had the singsong quality ideal for children. By the way, I do not if its a limitation imposed by the website, but I think your images would benefit from a larger preview size; if you're worried about thieving (I post images online, so I know the concern) why not go for a watermark? That way, you can use the larger image, and we get a proper look!

The only problem I really felt with the poem was the meter - the lines I seemed to have liked the best were those that were iambic pentameter, like 'What's this! A snail usurped her fragrant bed!' The difficulties were when lines were a bit too long such as 'The snail, her polar opposite in personality'. It's just a bit too wordy at fourteen syllables, and it's difficult to make it scan without placing a strange stress on 'personality'. Perhaps shortening and rephrasing might be an idea - I know this might mean you need to change the rest of the stanza, though.

All in all, like I said, it was good fun to read, and both my girlfriend and I were really impressed with the illustration - love the art nouveau stylings.

Cheers
S

diane tigue

Posted Wed Apr 2nd, 2008 12:59pm Post subject: incident in a counry garden
thank you so much for the kind words and good advice. I have Mr. Fry's poetry how to book and though I try - I fail. All my works have glaring and grating flaws.

Anyway - we are what we are. But onto the picture size. I don't know how to upload a picture to the world of Fry and his many fans. It is not that I am afraid of being ripped off. There is someone in India using one of my images as his avatar. It is flattering in a way. I've been an artist for 40 years and I could put my combined earnings toward a set of stainless steel flatware and still have to make monthly payments on the remainder due. I have a blog ( started the same day achmadenijad started his). I also have a website. Please visit them and get a load of some other stuff I do. very fondly, - diane http://tiguertracks.blogspot.com/

http://papertiguer.com/

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Apr 4th, 2008 3:59pm Post subject: incident in a counry garden
Have you thought about uploading your images onto a site like Photobucket or Flickr? If you do that you can copy and paste the image urls provided under each image and post them here and the image will appear. To post a picture you put [img] at the beginning of the url of your image and [/img] at the end of your image with no spaces.

Assuming direct control...