Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

alfredo3

Posted Sun Jan 13th, 2013 10:58pm Post subject: Introduce yourself

I write on many websites and some people like what I am trying to do, which if to find out about my mental disorder by discussing my personal studies and experiences with people. Others see me as a narcissist who is a show off and only cares about himself. I am not a narcissist because I genuinely care for people and spend a lot of time to bring some positivity in people's lives. I am not perfect. But to really understand my work and what I am about I could use a poem written by Mother Theresa. Does not matter if some of you are not Religious because all that is needed is some spirituality to understand what Mother Theresa writes:

Do It Anyway by Mother Theresa

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you
of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some
false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building,
someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness,
they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will
forget tomorrow,
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and
it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got... anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is
between you and God,
It never was between you and them anyway..

I know how to fall asleep...
I am learning how to fall awake...

alfredo3

Posted Sun Jan 13th, 2013 10:59pm Post subject: Introduce yourself

We are all in the same boat. Love to you all.

I know how to fall asleep...
I am learning how to fall awake...

Vampyros

Posted Fri Jan 18th, 2013 1:23am Post subject: Introduce yourself

Hey Alfredo you will be pleased to know the book is available

The Katy Sara Culling Tribute is ready in e-Book form http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?ma.....ts_id=2326 Charity/Bipolar

Printed version to follow soon

THanks for all your support
Amanda. Vx

The Katy Sara Culling Tribute is ready in e-Book form http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2326 Charity/Bipolar

fluffyteacake

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2013 12:56am Post subject: Introduce yourself

hi there I am Lizzie from Leeds (well I am from a small market town called Morley actually) and I have bipolar too.... not good but I have to live with it really... sometimes suicidal I detest my whole being, the next I am flying around at the speed of light or even faster... it's not a nice thing to suffer with but at least it's nice being on this site... I've seen a lot of Stephen's works on YouTube and it is very interesting indeed ... thank you for allowing me to be on here

thank you xx

fluffy teacake xx

kashka

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2013 12:06pm Post subject: Introduce yourself

Hi Im kashka used to be on the forum but i came off. i could do with some support right now ive no one i can talk too. im feeling suicidal but cant attempt it again as it would destroy my father. had an argument with my husband yesterday mainly my fault but it grew in to a full blown one. he was calling me disgusting names. he also said he was fed up living with my broken down sorry ass. i also have fibromyalgia so dont keep well.He knows i have a really derogatory inner dialougue and played on that telling me i was a c**t again and again. He knows this is a word a abhore and that i get it in my dialougue. i regretably attacked him and scratched his face which i apologised for i feel dreadfull about it.I also tried to get out of the car i dont know why. he said he wants a divorce and that im violent and dangerous which is not true though he has been. Then he buys a bottle of champagne i suppose to celebrate our split, a dramatic gesture just as throwing his clothes in the bin because of the blood- came out in the wash though before hand a forensic detective would probably have problembs finding it!I feel so alone confused and trapped

The dark gift is different for each of us. But one thing is true for us all, we grow stronger as we go along. Just take my word for it.
From Interview with the Vampire

qwan

Posted Tue Mar 5th, 2013 9:56pm Post subject: Introduce yourself

Hi,
I'm new, although I've already posted a bunch before coming here.
I'm diagnosed with cyclothymia and severe depression which brought me here.
I dropped out of uni due to this, and am now crocheting to my hearts content.
I need a few hundred cats and I'm set to be a mad cat lady. =]

*tips hat*

knuffel

Posted Fri Jun 7th, 2013 4:28pm Post subject: Introduce yourself

Hello, I'm Emma, 33 years physical age, but still a kid at heart! Have suffered moderate depression throughout my adult life, I have kept it under control pretty well but recently suffered a relapse, so I am back on medication. I have been assessed and I possibly have cyclothymia but it has not been confirmed whether or not this is the case. When depressed I lose interest in doing things I enjoy and I lose confidence in my abilities, my medication is helping though and I am on a waiting list for cognitive behaviour therapy. I also try to do a lot of physical activity, running, going to fitness classes and having long walks. Love to you all xx

Ieder kaasje heeft zijn gaatje

Liutgard

Posted Sat Jun 15th, 2013 4:01pm Post subject: Introduce yourself

There are so many posts here I can't possibly read them all!

I finally (after years of wrestling with it) was given a diagnosis of Bi-Polar Disorder Type 2 (the milder form) in 1995. I was newly divorced, mom of three, in my thirties, and had gone back to school (part of the whole leaving-husband process). And I was terrified. I ended up on that endless merry-go-round of drugs ("That didn't work? Let's try this! It'll make you feel great!") with no end in sight. I did manage to finish my BA but had a breakdown in grad school that scuttled my career. And now I'm very ill with some cardiac issues and neurological problems. The bi-polar has stabilized though, been on the same blend of drugs for some time. Just wish I could say the same of the rest of me.

Thing is though, I don't think there's anything to feel sorry for or ashamed of, just being bi-polar. Actions, maybe. But *being*? No. Never be ashamed of being.

And for Mr Fry, I deeply appreciate your work, and I think very highly of Stephen Fry, Human Being. So there. I've said my piece.

balangsen

Posted Wed Jun 26th, 2013 5:22am Post subject: Introduce yourself

Hello..
First, pardon my horrible english.
I am a norwegian woman of 31.
I have mainly depression and ptss, but there has been questrions about bipolar as I am and allways have been very creative.
I have been reading and admiering the work of Stephen Fry for years.
I have even peeked at this and the old site for a time but I never had the courrage to write.

To me, Stephen has been an inspiration, continually driving me on to explore, search and be creative.
Though I must admit I have had a silly silverscreen crush on Mr. Fry..
I mostly just want him to know how much it means to know that a person I admire also can feel lonely and depressed.
It makes me feel more human.

So here's to you, Stephen.
For giving awesomeness a face, and showing that life isnt easy.

You may feel lonely, but you are never alone.. (That sounded less stalkerish in my head.)

-lonely Tempest

"If you never experience pain and loss, how will you be truely able to enjoy joy?"
Me-ism

Jeff Truesdell

Posted Thu Jun 27th, 2013 6:01pm Post subject: Introduce yourself

Hello all-

My name is Jeff Truesdell and I'm 31. I was diagnosed at 14 with MDD and every day is still a battle for me.

My dream is to start a place for people to physically goto to get help with our conditions as, at leas in Michigan, if you do not have insurance or alot of money, you can't get the help or medication you need. My goal would be to change that world wide.

Jeff Truesdell
-Here's to you Katy.

Here's to Katy Sara Culling, Stephen Fry, and all of us coping with this disease.

BeckyS

Posted Thu Jul 4th, 2013 11:27am Post subject: Introduce yourself

Hi, as you can see i'm Becky and i suffer from severe depression, have done for about 30 years. All the things that go hand in hand with it, low self esteem, lack of confidence, loneliness, and 2 suicide attempts. I have spent four months on a psychiatric ward and finally got the help i've needed for so many years.

Onwards and Upwards!

bonniebee

Posted Thu Jul 11th, 2013 10:20pm Post subject: Introduce yourself

Hello, my name is Bee.
My father suffered from a severe form of bipolar disorder which sadly dominated our whole family life for as long as I can remember.
He was a very brave and wonderful person but sadly succumbed to his illness and killed himself in a very brutal way after several suicide attempts when I was 16.

For years I thought I was either mad or bipolar as well but got diagnosed with PTSD in 2007 after a second traumatising event in which I sadly lost my wonderful husband.

It was a great relief for me to get a diagnosis at last and I am recieving psychiatric treatment since 2007 which is a tremendous help even though I find life still difficult.

I just managed to start looking at my childhood and the few memories that remained in my conscioussness as I faded out a lot just to survive......many memories are coming back now....sometimes I am overflooded...many memories I cherish but lots are just extremely frightening, especially being together with my dad when he was in a manic rage or all the misery I felt when we visited him in several psychiatric wards....me being far to young to understand what was going on then and utterly frightened out of my wits by what I saw.

I hope I might find a few people in the mood to comunicate with me on here as I can't relate to many people in my (tiny) social circle...... I made the experience it's very difficult for people who never came in touch with bipolar disorder either as having it or being a relative.....so there never really was somebody i could talk to.

Bee xxx

H. P. Hovercraft

Posted Tue Jul 30th, 2013 6:02pm Post subject: Introduce yourself

Hello, my name is H. P., and I'm new to this forum.

I'm bipolar, and I found Stephen's account of his illness in the Secret Life documentary something that I could identify with. I admire his bravery in coming out as bipolar in a world where mental illness is still very much a taboo subject.

I am 45 now, and not medicated. I've tried medication in the past, and frankly, I'd rather be dead than take it again. I've managed to survive by cutting out alcohol, caffeine and processed food. Removing those stimulants and chemicals from my diet has made the illness just about manageable. I don't know if it will work for anyone else, but it works for me. If you try it, it can't make things worse, anyway.

I'm feeling okay at the moment. My main issues these days are with rage. Other people annoy me just by existing. Does anyone else feel like this? You don't hear much said about bipolar rage. People just irritate me so much that I want to go and live on an island somewhere. Become a hermit. Oh, dear, that makes me sound horrible and unfriendly - I'm not at all really. Well, maybe I am!

Okay, enough about me. Hello everyone. *waves*

H. P. xxx

P.S. I wouldn't push the bye-bye bipolar button either

Female. British. 45. Bipolar.

Esse_H

Posted Thu Aug 1st, 2013 8:09pm Post subject: Introduce yourself

Hi,

I'm 34 y.o. Esse, diagnosed BiPolar 4 weeks ago and since 3 days on Lithium. Pretty sick stuff, do hope that it will work out in a while though. Having a Manic episode right now.... I'm trying to watch The Secret Life for two days, but facing too much illness by the meds that's I ain't able to watch it this particular moment. Did found out about Stephen's website and the Fry Club and all. So here I am.

And yes, I do recognize your aversion on people, H.P. For a long time I thought it was me, but now I know its my illness. I can enjoy other people's presence as well though!

StrangerStrangeLand

Posted Sun Aug 4th, 2013 8:05pm Post subject: Introduce yourself

Hi there,
Don't know how I found myself here on a bank holiday Sunday but here I am. I have struggled with depression for about 9 years now and it's reared its rather gruesome head over the last month or so, but specifically the last week. That impending doom feeling and knowing how hard it'll be to drag myself out of it has become a familiar feeling. (Edited to add, oops I forgot, I've been on 200mg of Molipaxin at night for those 9 years with slight changes. I'm getting an evaluation shortly because I also have (most likely) come to terms with the fact I also have an eating disorder.)

I'm 44 female and live in the west of Ireland though I'm not Irish, hence the nickname and the title of a favourite song of mine by Leon Russell, Stranger in a Strange Land.

I look forward to reading the forums and getting some distraction at best and amusement as well!
Cheers
A