Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Kovah

Posted Thu Aug 8th, 2013 8:00pm Post subject: Introduce yourself

Hi. My name is David and I live in Tennessee, in the US of course. Nice to "meet" whoever sees this.

sunshine.and.rain

Posted Thu Aug 22nd, 2013 6:11am Post subject: Introduce yourself

thank you for welcoming me into this community. i just discovered stephen fry's documentary, site and forum tonight during a particularly horrible bout of depression that i've been experiencing for nearly 2 months. prior to this episode i rapidly cycled within 1 day from a hypomanic state that lasted for more than 3 months. during the past 3+ years i've been deeply depressed and often suicidal for as long as 8 consecutive months and manic for up to 9 consecutive months. i miss my previous life, before i had a breakdown and felt my world seemingly fall apart.

both of my parents have bipolar disorder. my dad first displayed manic symptoms in his 2nd year at university. my mom had her first depressive episode at the age of 31, when she and my dad separated and later divorced.

i had heard the term manic-depressive used to describe my dad's condition. i hadn't heard of bipolar disorder and i didn't realize that it can be hereditary.

in the summer of 2010, after a series of "trigger" events, i was diagnosed with bipolar 1 disorder at the age of 41. it's changed almost everything about my life.

Icequeen

Posted Mon Sep 30th, 2013 9:05am Post subject: Introduce yourself

Hello!

So after a big realisation i needed to srot my life out, and following lots of doctors visits and online advice, i found myself here time and time again reading... so, here i am registered and logged in .. let go guys!!

Dumbarton Claire

Posted Wed Oct 2nd, 2013 5:01pm Post subject: Introduce yourself

Hello Please see Petition PE01494. One reason so many people have stigma is there are no human rights for sectioned people. Who are not necessaryily ill at all. This petition is because in Scotland we have no human rights lawyers. Therefore NO human rights if sectioned. Perhaps Stephen, even if you think it's ok for Scots to not have human rights, perhaps you could put a comment on the petition so far noone is in disagreement yet nothings changed.

Please help, I need my human rights back. I beg you.

Dumbarton Claire

Posted Wed Oct 2nd, 2013 5:03pm Post subject: Introduce yourself

The link to the petition is here
http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/GettingInvolved/.....egislation