Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Clive

Posted Thu Dec 29th, 2011 3:21pm Post subject: iPad Glee

I have an iPad! I'm typing on it now! The keyboard is so responsive - moreso, certainly, than any woman I've ever typed on.

I could seriously spend the rest of my life on this thing. Really, it has everything I need. I want for nothing more.

It was a bit of a faff buying it at PC World - there was a barely-sixteen terrified-looking salesgirl and a mythical warehouse manager named Carlos and a computer that foretold the possibility of there only being a display model left which they weren't allowed to sell and only Carlos knew if they had any more in stock, though no one knew where Carlos was - he'd left, days ago possibly, to help someone carry a washing machine to their car and hadn't been seen since, and for a while it looked like the salesgirl was going to start crying and then another tiny bloke with a goatee beard got involved and tried to check the stock but no, it turned out they definitely needed Carlos, who by this time (I think I'd been there three hours) I'd built up a picture in my mind of as a kind of eight-foot winged being with x-ray vision and eight long claws for carrying washing machines and other sundry electrical appliances. Then this bald bloke appeared with a little cardboard box and it turned out that THIS was Carlos, and I said, 'but where are your wings?' and looked at me strangely.

In the end, though, I got the iPad, which is the main thing in the whole world.

You know, I think the realisation of my transsexualism is actually helping me to appreciate gadgets more. I'm taking a far more masculine satisfaction in this piece of equipment than I would ever have allowed myself to as a lesbian. My relationship with technology and machinery in general seems to be improving. I even feel more friendly with the coin counting machine at work. It seems to respect me more.

'Vote for E.L. Wisty, or invisible nudists will come along and smash you round the face.'

(E.L. Wisty)

My Attempt at Tumbling

Twitter: @CliveLive49

gadgetgirl

Posted Sun Jan 1st, 2012 11:02am Post subject: iPad Glee

I am very pleased to hear that your self-realisation has put you in touch with your gadget loving side, that can never be wrong. The iPad is a thing of beauty of course, and it pains me to leave it at home sometimes, not to mention having to share it with the family. *hugs tightly*

That would be me.

gjhsu

Posted Tue Jan 3rd, 2012 4:28pm Post subject: iPad Glee

I have to admit, I was a bit cynical when the first iPad was announced (pffft, what could I POSSIBLY need a giant iPhone for...), but when I finally broke down and bought an iPad2, it all made sense.

I'm glad you are finding every bit of wonder and enjoyment from yours! You will surely enjoy it, and find it does more than you originally thought.

michael

Posted Tue Mar 27th, 2012 3:34am Post subject: iPad Glee

i have one.

my partner got it through her job's technology fund.
which, actually, doesn't mean that it has to be used for only job things.

or that's what i say when i play that sonic the hedgehog racing game...

it's awesome. i do keynote presentations and documents and work stuff on it, but it feels less like work.

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

lorenzostpierre

Posted Wed Apr 4th, 2012 12:00pm Post subject: iPad Glee

Yeah, enjoyment is a personal thing. I only speak from my own point of view, and obviously my experience will not be the same as anyone else's. However, the iPad just doesn't do enough for me to be truly useful.but i am very happy to know that you finding enjoyment from yours..

Nitro

Posted Wed Apr 25th, 2012 1:19pm Post subject: iPad Glee

"However, the iPad just doesn't do enough for me to be truly useful."

Sadly, that's my problem with it as well. I almost, almost got one but...lather, rinse, repeat.

But for anyone who wants to just play around with tablets, there are plenty that are much cheaper. No, not the same quality or app abundance but hopefully that's implied in the words 'much cheaper'

I still think the tablet is a support tool to laptops and workstations but certain that will change somehow. I don't see multiple devices as any kind of desirable solution either ( smartphone, tablet, laptop in bag ), but it's probably going to be the state of things for a bit longer.

Really? Wow.