Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Texas Skald

Posted Fri May 7th, 2010 9:42pm Post subject: iPhone - Is it worth it?

So...before I go off to college, my parents decided I need an iPhone. Why? I don't know. Not that I don't want one, they're awesome. BUT...is it really worth it? I rarely use my phone anyhow, because all my friends live on a small Pacific island and don't speak except in thought bubbles with commas.

So the question is, to you iPhone people out there, should I stick with a normal flippy cell phone, or get an iPhone? Is it worth the money? I don't text people often and don't really care about all the apps with falling ice cream scoops.

Not all who wander are lost. In fact those who do wander are a lot cooler than those who don't.

gjhsu

Posted Sat May 8th, 2010 5:21pm Post subject: iPhone - Is it worth it?

Do you text message, or use the internet on the go?

If not, for either of the above, don't get an iPhone. There are far simpler, and more battery-friendly, 'phone-only' devices out there.

gjhsu

Posted Sat May 8th, 2010 5:21pm Post subject: iPhone - Is it worth it?

However, if you do start text messaging, and downloading apps and whatnot, the iPhone is hard to beat

Nitro

Posted Wed May 12th, 2010 2:27pm Post subject: iPhone - Is it worth it?

If you're using a phone as, god forbid, a phone...I wouldn't bother with the extra expense. There are far cheaper phones to be had and not all of them even require a contract of any kind. Pay as you go phones....at least you'll only be paying for what you actually use.

With phones now, it's all about 'the chrome'.

Really? Wow.

Texas Skald

Posted Sat May 15th, 2010 5:15pm Post subject: iPhone - Is it worth it?

Thanks for the input! I'll probably be stickin with my old phone.

Not all who wander are lost. In fact those who do wander are a lot cooler than those who don't.

michael

Posted Mon May 17th, 2010 6:03pm Post subject: iPhone - Is it worth it?

i hafta admit, i love my partner's iphone... we've used it for gps and looking up stuff while on trips and watching mary tyler moore while having insomnia...

but if i were responsible for paying for something like that, and if i were alone living on just my own income, i'd make myself choose between an iphone and paying for home internet...know whadda mean?

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

rossag

Posted Mon May 24th, 2010 2:13pm Post subject: iPhone - Is it worth it?

I remember a friend showing me their mobile phone, way back in the 80's, and saying " who the hell would want one of those". When I saw the specs for the first IPhone I said the same thing. I now own a 3GS and love it. Until I changed jobs, my mobile was a means of phoning and the odd text and worked fine. Now it's my umbilical cord to the office as I travel around the country. The internet connection is excellent and if I'm bored it's my entertainment suite, if I'm lost it's my guide. If you have no need for these, then just grab a mobile at the supermarket. Maybe Skype would suit you, that's free.

Anthonyfromderry

Posted Fri May 28th, 2010 10:45am Post subject: iPhone - Is it worth it?

paid 200 squid for one
cry myself to sleep every night, should have got a HTC

Mortal onimpotent being

watty1990

Posted Sun May 30th, 2010 12:41pm Post subject: iPhone - Is it worth it?

I like the iphone but I don't think I could ever bring myself to pay the amount they charge for it... Same with a lot of apple products for me I'm afraid. If I had money to burn then by all means, but as I don't...
I managed to get a great deal on the Bold 9700 anyway, since I had a friend working in O2 at the time, and I love it

katka259

Posted Mon Feb 21st, 2011 2:23am Post subject: iPhone - Is it worth it?

gjhsu said:
However, if you do start text messaging, and downloading apps and whatnot, the iPhone is hard to beat

i want to know is the iphone worth having what is the big hype i know lots have them and lots say a waste of money compared to when you have got the htc desire hd phone so is it worth having tell me

David james

SillyTilly

Posted Tue Feb 22nd, 2011 4:17am Post subject: iPhone - Is it worth it?

I have had some smart phones, and while iphone is definately the most fun one, it breaks easily. In my limited experience betwene myself and my apple crazy friends at least.

However it is a lot... of... fun.