Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

michael

Posted Wed Jun 17th, 2009 4:45pm Post subject: Iran Reformers Initiative
i don't have an opinion about the phone calls i just wanted to ...say...hey.

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

michael

Posted Wed Jun 17th, 2009 5:02pm Post subject: Iran Reformers Initiative
oh it took me awhile to understand what you said toby.

i really have a heard time when people use double negatives that aren't "ain't no" etc. seriously. i do.

RobertBruce

Posted Wed Jun 17th, 2009 5:43pm Post subject: Iran Reformers Initiative
Gents,
Lets maintain a calm & orderly manner and monitor events as they unroll irrespective of domestic government departments starting to illustrate their interest 'retrospectively'.

The BBC reported that President Obama was doing exactly the correct thing in not intervening or so much as proffering a smidgen of advice.

Put the shoe on the other foot - would the President or our Prime Minister get a kick out of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad poking his nose into USA or UK internal politics by offering all sorts of unwarranted advice? I think the answer to this isa big non-no.

Presisent. Obama is cool. His people at State will follow his lead. Why would they do otherwise? And I think he is doing the right thing by staying out of it.

I can only surmise that it is in everyones' interest to ensure the various communication channels outbound of Tehran remain onstream. So state interest is not all that surprising or cause for any alarm.

TobiasMonk

Posted Wed Jun 17th, 2009 6:34pm Post subject: Iran Reformers Initiative
Absolutely right, no one was implying Obama wasn't doing the correct thing, I was just making light of the government's reaction to Twitter

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

michael

Posted Wed Jun 17th, 2009 10:28pm Post subject: Iran Reformers Initiative
yeah i was just making conversation. that's all

i don't have an opinion about the phone calls i just wanted to ...say...hey.

RobertBruce

Posted Thu Jun 18th, 2009 12:44am Post subject: Iran Reformers Initiative
And of course I deny writing the above stuff. He made me do it honest.

Hey, I was being oppressed at the time. I was weak willed. I succumbed to the pressure. So what!

Have you never succumbed to the pressure?

X-D

TobiasMonk

Posted Thu Jun 18th, 2009 3:15am Post subject: Iran Reformers Initiative
If you only knew X-D

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Nitro

Posted Thu Jun 18th, 2009 5:31am Post subject: Iran Reformers Initiative
( Nitro stands behind Tobias's head making 'rabbit ears' )

Really? Wow.

RobertBruce

Posted Thu Jun 18th, 2009 10:56am Post subject: Iran Reformers Initiative
Yeah right x 2

I was gobsmacked earlier to learn from BBC tha maybe 500,000 (yes, half a million) Iranians in support of reform were out on the streets yesterday.

Staggering. And what a message that must send to the government. I hope there is a parley and a compromise is reached. For now, I think power-sharing to be the likliest resolution because after the dust settles, what I hear about the Reformists policies are that aside from a couple of their own tweaks, they aren't far away from those of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Is it those tweaks we and Iranians perceive as being the gulf between the reformists & Ahmadinejad? I think they will bridge the gap or else the reformist leadership are going to go to jail for inciting insurrection maybe?

TobiasMonk

Posted Thu Jun 18th, 2009 6:42pm Post subject: Iran Reformers Initiative
I'm sure it's true that on the surface, and by our standards, the reformists "views"probably aren't that far removed from the current governments, but I think there's probably a lot of holding back for anyone wishing to be put on the ballot. Here's hoping that this momentum allows the reformists to gain, and retain a secure foothold for the long climb ahead of them!

Walt Whitman

RobertBruce

Posted Thu Jun 18th, 2009 9:19pm Post subject: Iran Reformers Initiative
Toby, thanks for making me go Green For Iran. I have spread the word.

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Jun 19th, 2009 12:55am Post subject: Iran Reformers Initiative
( Nitro stands behind Tobias's head making 'rabbit ears' )

My kids will be 2 on October 18th, do you think you might be available for the party? X-D

Toby, thanks for making me go Green For Iran. I have spread the word.

You got it

Walt Whitman

Nitro

Posted Fri Jun 19th, 2009 4:22am Post subject: Iran Reformers Initiative
[

My kids will be 2 on October 18th, do you think you might be available for the party? X-D

Aw, sorry Toby, but I'm booked for another party on that date

Really? Wow.

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Jun 19th, 2009 4:42am Post subject: Iran Reformers Initiative
[

Aw, sorry Toby, but I'm booked for another party on that date

C'mon now don't be all neutral faced, I'm just playin'! X-D

Walt Whitman

michael

Posted Fri Jun 19th, 2009 4:41pm Post subject: Iran Reformers Initiative

C'mon now don't be all neutral faced

LOL.

that neutral smiley should be renamed "wtf i feel all awkward" because it alsways looks like that to me.

there should also be a noogie-giving smiley to give to the wtf i feel awkward smiley.

wow we are 3 people who can deviate from a topic very quickly. or i am. not 3 people. but i am a deviator.