Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

plimmerian

Posted Fri Feb 16th, 2007 8:39pm Post subject: Is depression really down to a loss in the womb?
could this explain why most of us are the way we are?

I'd be interested in your comments!

Thanks.

http://www.altheahayton.com/wombtwin/

meekychuppet

Posted Fri Feb 16th, 2007 9:51pm Post subject: Is depression really down to a loss in the womb?
This is a ridiculous question.

If you haven't studied any of the science needed here then any opinion given is nothing more than guess work or conjecture.

Maniac

Posted Fri Feb 16th, 2007 10:38pm Post subject: Is depression really down to a loss in the womb?
How bizarre.

AxmxZ

Posted Fri Feb 16th, 2007 10:52pm Post subject: Is depression really down to a loss in the womb?
I was a twin-less twin, but then I went to college and found them. They don't look a thing like me, but we definitely have super-twinly powers. Talking can occasionally get difficult, as we seem to always think exactly the same things. So a lot of times our conversations run along the lines of:

"Hey, about the thing? Did it thing yet?"
"Sorry?"
"You know, the thing. Has it thing-ed?"
"Oh. Oh! Yes. So you should, you know."
"Yeah."
"Munch?"
"Muuuuuunch... yes. Good."
"Ground meat?"
"Ground meeeeeeaat..."

Meaning:

"Did our advisor's class end yet?"
"Yes, it has, so unless you want to run into him and be lectured about your truancy, you better clear out of his suite of offices."
"Right you are."
"Say, are you free for lunch?"
"Why, yes I am!"
"Let's go to Salonica and order a dish with ground beef in it - they do ground beef especially well."
"I heartily concur."

It's only on-line that we tend towards verbosity.

plimmerian

Posted Sat Feb 17th, 2007 4:46am Post subject: Is depression really down to a loss in the womb?
I'm giving people an alternative thought, an alternative point of view.

It may help some people or it may mean nothing to them.

If you want to contribute, then say something constructive for a change.

Running around the boards like a governmental whip, telling people what they can and can't say is really boring.

Good night!

AxmxZ

Posted Sat Feb 17th, 2007 5:19am Post subject: Is depression really down to a loss in the womb?
Golly, that's the last time I express my joy at having a best friend around you. Yesh!

plimmerian

Posted Sat Feb 17th, 2007 5:28am Post subject: Is depression really down to a loss in the womb?
express as much joy as you like - i've never said anything against casting joy into the world!!!

meekychuppet

Posted Sat Feb 17th, 2007 9:50am Post subject: Is depression really down to a loss in the womb?
I'm giving people an alternative thought, an alternative point of view.

It may help some people or it may mean nothing to them.

If you want to contribute, then say something constructive for a change.

Running around the boards like a governmental whip, telling people what they can and can't say is really boring.

Good night!

Right. let me explain to you what you need to do.

If you are going to propose a theory or supposition, you can't just say it - that is called guesswork and/or conjecture. You need to read about it, maybe post an article link fleshing out the fabric of it. I would be fascinated and would debate this stuff but there is no theory or proposition here. All of the ideas are interesting but you may as well list 1 to 100 - it's all meaningless unless you back it all up.

A good reference site is Wikipedia

The reason I am so scathing is that if no evidence is forthcoming you could post anything and it would have as much weight.

Edit: Mods - why isn't HTML working even though it's turned in my profile?

ClareBear

Posted Sat Feb 17th, 2007 8:58pm Post subject: Is depression really down to a loss in the womb?

Edit: Mods - why isn't HTML working even though it's turned in my profile?

It's probably turned off via the "master" settings in the Administration Panel....possibly a throwback from when I was killing spambots. Let me look.

EDIT: HTML is now allowed via the main panel.....but I can't get it to work.

ClareBear

Posted Sat Feb 17th, 2007 9:44pm Post subject: Is depression really down to a loss in the womb?
HTML will only work in a limited way, as I have to specify what tags I want to be avalable. Sooo...basic text formatting tags for bold and italic text are active, as are the "a href" and "img src" tags.

testing again......

Linky

and

Just make sure that the "Disable HTML" bit under the reply box is unticked.