Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

alley

Posted Wed Dec 26th, 2007 11:48am Post subject: is there a way to peek into an episode of kingdom?
hey folks
first i want to make clear i am not asking for any illegal stuff.

i read a bit bout Kingdom and it sounds interesting. but alas i live in germany and german tv is crammed with bad german tv shows, and i think the last uk import was black adder series 1 (badly translated)

i looked kingdom up on amazon i could buy series 1 there but after checking my bank account i don't really feel like buying something in the near future, at least not without checking if i really like it first....

does anyone of you know if there's a source for episodes on the internet? so i could look into the show and decide if it's my kind of soup?

on the website of the big german tv stations you have a "mediathek" where you can watch selected shows online.
(nothing better than the zdf mediathek, a bottle of red wine and ion tyche )

is there such a source for kingdom?
if so could you direct me there please?

regards,
alley

masquerade

Posted Wed Dec 26th, 2007 12:00pm Post subject: is there a way to peek into an episode of kingdom?
You can find some episodes in parts on http://www.youtube.com - search for "kingdom fry" and you should come up with them.

alley

Posted Wed Dec 26th, 2007 2:10pm Post subject: is there a way to peek into an episode of kingdom?
swell,
thanks
will do so after recovering from christmas with my family.... right now my brother demands another round of trivial pursuit.... i guess he likes loosing

alley

Posted Fri Dec 28th, 2007 1:03am Post subject: is there a way to peek into an episode of kingdom?
Back again....
i looked into it even though collecting the snippletts on youtube really pissed me off *lol*
looks like a very interesting thing to watch.
i really enjoyed what i saw online, but i have to play my "poor artist" card here
20 bucks for 1 dvd plus shipping it a tad out of my reach, i've just bought the complete jeeves and wooster for 34 euros.
i guess kingdom is that pricey cause tis new.
but do the maths;
8 dvds for 34 E
1 dvd for 20 E
plus
sadly i have to take into account that there's no german audio track, nor subtitles, so i can't really share the watching expierience. most of my friends loathe watching english films *sigh*
i guess i'll wait till season 2 is out and get them together to save on the shipping.
or i'll call up the brittish relatives *hrhrhr*
after all, i got a birthday coming up.... in august...
gnaaarf i am still saving for that granada series sherlock holmes complete box... i should see a shrink bout my dvd addiction

masquerade

Posted Fri Dec 28th, 2007 10:31am Post subject: is there a way to peek into an episode of kingdom?
I can't find episode 1 of series 1 on youtube... most irritating.

alley

Posted Fri Dec 28th, 2007 10:45am Post subject: is there a way to peek into an episode of kingdom?
me neither
and all eps seem to be uploades by one person. i checked his member page, no ep 1 either.

masquerade

Posted Fri Dec 28th, 2007 10:49am Post subject: is there a way to peek into an episode of kingdom?
I did the same, alley. I'm definitely going to be watching the next series, anyway... I had no idea it even existed until I came on this forum! You can tell I'm not much of a television watcher, can't you?

alley

Posted Fri Dec 28th, 2007 7:15pm Post subject: is there a way to peek into an episode of kingdom?
Well you can watch as much tv as you want, it does no good if the series doesn't air in your home country.

i usually say i am watching TV even though i'm mainly in front of my computer watching things online or dvds whilst working...

i know i own a tv, actually i own 4 *blush* but lemme see... 1 is in the bed room cause it has an alarm function and i prefer waking up to light and sound (i usually wake up in the middle of the night cause i am laying on the klicker ....
1 is here in my office a c64 and an atari console plugged in ... you see i'm really working hard here one portable black and white from the 60s is here somewhere too i think under one of the desks, so i got something to put my feet on.... and last but not least the BIG screen in the living room which is so old that the clicker looks like a little toaster oven and it can only manage 19 programms the screen is a bit broke so everything looks like you're watching coneheads but the sound is good and i am used to it. plus i usually read whilst watching tv so i don't look at the screen that often anyways
i vividly remember switching it on last month or so? naaah 2 weeks ago for a late night miss marple dvd marathon.

but back to topic
i went to the local dvd store, well to the big time tech mall with the badly stocked dvd section....
of course no kingom.... no uk imports at all cause germans do NOT watch shows which are not in german (go figure) (that's why black adder was no success here it was so bad translated it wasn't funny anymore)

i think i'll either wait till it gets a bit cheaper online or check if someone i know already has it...

but it really bothers me that i couldn't watch ep 1

masquerade

Posted Fri Dec 28th, 2007 8:34pm Post subject: is there a way to peek into an episode of kingdom?
-hugs-

Personally I wouldn't mind that much because despite the fact that I have a perfectly good television in the house I just don't bother watching tv, most of it's rubbish. That said, I really do sympathise with you not being able to watch films/tv series in English, that must really suck!

Ep 1 is bugging me now, might have to get the dvd myself... wonder if there's actually somewhere that sells it over here. Silly Jersey, always a few steps behind everywhere else...

alley

Posted Fri Dec 28th, 2007 8:59pm Post subject: is there a way to peek into an episode of kingdom?
LOL masquerade. come to germany than you'll learn what 1 step behind really means
we're usually 1 to 1 1/2 years behind on the american shows like csi or bones.
the good brittish shows we don't get at all just the really famous ones like monthy python's, fawlty towers, black adder and *sigh* mr bean
all in german of course
i wish they would show red dwarf, black books or father Ted

Yeah the german dubbing sucks that's why i order most stuff on dvd so i can watch it propperly. luckily i got a friend in the states who regularly sends recorded dvds

i got a bunch of relatives in the uk, i hope my cousin will come over this summer for a visit if she does i hope she'll write an email first to ask for my shopping list
or even better, invite me over for the summer i have just to remember to take a spare empty suitcase

i doubt she watches kingdom, well i actually doubt she knows it at all so she won't have recorded it but perhaps she can dig up the dvd cheap

i really have to say it feels nice to not be the only one who is bothered by the 1st missing episode.

i am a little neurotic when it comes to such things, i usually don't watch a show when i haven't seen the 1st episode. and i never watch a show in the wrong order.
i have all bones episodes and would like to re-watch the eps with stephen and it really takes some effort to _not_ start with ep 101 but to just watch the ones i want to see.
i'm a big fan of M*A*S*H so every few months i re-watch the complete show even the eps i loathe but i can't skip them i have to watch them to keep it in order...
Funny enough, i mentioned i bought the complete jeeves and wooster. i have all episodes on bad tapes, and haven't watched all episodes yet, but i know when the box arrives i'll start with the first episode, not able to just pick it up where i left the tapes.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Dec 29th, 2007 9:13pm Post subject: is there a way to peek into an episode of kingdom?
Back again....
i looked into it even though collecting the snippletts on youtube really pissed me off *lol*
looks like a very interesting thing to watch.
i really enjoyed what i saw online, but i have to play my "poor artist" card here
20 bucks for 1 dvd plus shipping it a tad out of my reach, i've just bought the complete jeeves and wooster for 34 euros.
i guess kingdom is that pricey cause tis new.
but do the maths;
8 dvds for 34 E
1 dvd for 20 E

I don't blame you. I have the same problem with buying cds from Japan. On average it costs 15-20 quid for a single and anywhere from 20-60 quid for an album. No way in hell am I paying (can't afford to anyway) that kind of money for a cd. So I have relatively few cds from Japan.

plus
sadly i have to take into account that there's no german audio track, nor subtitles, so i can't really share the watching expierience. most of my friends loathe watching english films *sigh*

Again I can empathise with that. My family won't watch anything with subtitles which I think is a great shame as they're missing out on some pretty wonderful stuff. I remember when I went to see Pan's Labyrinth at the cinema (a Spanish film) I could hear someone moaning "You didn't tell me it was going to be subtitled!!"

Assuming direct control...

alley

Posted Sat Dec 29th, 2007 9:20pm Post subject: is there a way to peek into an episode of kingdom?
Again I can empathise with that. My family won't watch anything with subtitles which I think is a great shame as they're missing out on some pretty wonderful stuff.

yeah but how to make them understand???

bythe way i should note that due to the weird screen of my tv subtitles are only displayed half.
*snickers*

at work my special connection called me up.... there's no way for a normal store to order kingdom.
so no special price *bummer*
perhaps i'll find an "used" offer on amazon in the near future....

my jeeves and wooster haven't arrived yet either
i hope they'll come on monday cause i have an early shift with a colleague i dislike and cold use a cheerer upper

alley

Posted Wed Jan 2nd, 2008 5:43pm Post subject: is there a way to peek into an episode of kingdom?
i did it
thanks to my connections and some nice relatives in the uk i got a late christmas present

never underestimate a good old fashioned bribe

masquerade

Posted Wed Jan 2nd, 2008 6:01pm Post subject: is there a way to peek into an episode of kingdom?
Lots of smiles, always good to see.

alley

Posted Wed Jan 2nd, 2008 6:16pm Post subject: is there a way to peek into an episode of kingdom?
heheh imagine me
on me sofa
with me new dvd player plugged in and hooked up to the hi fi stereo tower savouring