Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Julia from Bristol

Posted Mon Apr 20th, 2009 8:53pm Post subject: It's intriguing!
I have been a member of the forum for a couple of months now & I'm intrigued to find out how people organise their days to post here.

I've tried to work it out & certainly, some folk can be seen fairly regularly each day at the same time. Others are quite random. So I was wondering - do you use a PC or lap top or some other contraption? Is it on all the time & you just pop in when passing? Do you sit for a set amount of time? What do you do?

I have a cunning plan!

ginj

Member *

Posted Mon Apr 20th, 2009 8:59pm Post subject: It's intriguing!
I am at a computer all day. So each time I finish a form or project I pop in to see what I have missed, then move on to the next chore.

Maxx England

Posted Mon Apr 20th, 2009 9:07pm Post subject: It's intriguing!
I'm in a benefit system limbo at the moment, and we've just got plumbed in to the internerd, so I get random all day access.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

Soph

Posted Mon Apr 20th, 2009 9:25pm Post subject: It's intriguing!
I'm on here quite regularly, especially recently since it's been the holidays. On a day when I'm at home, I'll keep checking recent posts, in between doing stuffs and things. I'm on a laptop so it's usually by my side. X-D
On a college day, I go through a daunting whole day without the Fry Forum, but then I'll be on later on when I'm home. Overall, I spend far too much time here, but like Stephen Fry's twitter page I have to keep checking. ; ]

Photobucket

TobiasMonk

Posted Mon Apr 20th, 2009 10:01pm Post subject: It's intriguing!
I work from home and when that work is on the computer I'll take little internet breaks, less so if I'm drawing.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

PamJH

Posted Mon Apr 20th, 2009 10:07pm Post subject: It's intriguing!
I lost my job Feb. 2 so you can see why I'm here all the time.

exoskeleton

Posted Mon Apr 20th, 2009 10:24pm Post subject: It's intriguing!
I have wifi access on my iPod, and most of the buildings at my school have wifi, so I can pop in between classes or while I'm eating meals.

sockdolager.

Help

Posted Mon Apr 20th, 2009 10:31pm Post subject: It's intriguing!
Just whenever I can, which would appear to be fairly often
I have started to notice Fryphile comes on at 2pm GMT pretty much everyday, I'm not sure if he even plans to do that?

andrealein

Posted Mon Apr 20th, 2009 11:44pm Post subject: It's intriguing!
Now that studying really started again I'm only at home in the evening. So that's the time when I can be online and on the forum. Before that I was one of the "quite random" people, I think. It was a pretty hard time when I was visiting my parents for the Easter holidays because their internet didn't work.

elTweeno

Posted Tue Apr 21st, 2009 12:03am Post subject: It's intriguing!
Depends on what I'm doing; if the work I'm doing is computer based (uni work, web design etc) I keep the forums open as a tab in Safari & pop in every so often. Like when I finish a section of work.

If I'm spending most of my days doing artwork or traveling about, I tend to get online at really random times & some days don't manage to get online at all. It really depends!

eT

I'm also on Twitter: elTweeno (of course!)

Julia from Bristol

Posted Tue Apr 21st, 2009 12:11am Post subject: It's intriguing!
See-told you it was intriguing!

We have a PC which my husband & I share but I have a PDA phone which gives me email access. It's a pain to post though as it is too small really but does mean I can be in touch most of the time.
however, that will not be the case when we go to France later in the year 'cos it's SOoooo expensive!

I have a cunning plan!

Katrina

Posted Tue Apr 21st, 2009 7:08am Post subject: It's intriguing!
I'm on a laptop, which I don't bring to class, so I check usually in the mornings before I leave, in the afternoons before I go out for the night, and late at night after I come home (at which point my posts may or may not be misspelled X-D).

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

Lauren

Posted Tue Apr 21st, 2009 9:10am Post subject: It's intriguing!
Usually it's in the middle of the night on my imac. Like right now. When I'm too tired to go to sleep! I don't post very often but that doesn't mean I'm not ALWAYS WATCHING YOU.

Follow me on Twitter! @Lauren1991

Julia from Bristol

Posted Tue Apr 21st, 2009 9:17am Post subject: It's intriguing!
Usually it's in the middle of the night on my imac. Like right now. When I'm too tired to go to sleep! I don't post very often but that doesn't mean I'm not ALWAYS WATCHING YOU.

We'll have to see if we can get you to join us more often VC!

I have a cunning plan!

Soupy Twist

Posted Tue Apr 21st, 2009 9:27am Post subject: It's intriguing!
I work from home and am basically online all day - which doesn't mean however, that I'm constantly lurking here. It all depends on how busy I am. There have also been (more or less lengthy) periods where I just haven't felt like posting or reading here or on Twitter.