Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

fryfan20

Posted Thu Oct 15th, 2009 9:51pm Post subject: ITV answered

I have wrote ITV a email asking them to reconsider there dissension of cancelling Kingdom. this was
there answer:

Dear (name)

Thank you for your email.

Kingdom has performed well for us over the last three years but we will not be developing any further episodes. As has always been the case, we are constantly looking at ways to refresh the mix of drama on ITV1 to ensure that we get the balance right between both old and new titles.

Your comments have been registered here at ITV.

Regards

ITV Viewer Services-kb

not really what I was hoping for

I am what I am

monochromeprincess

Posted Thu Oct 15th, 2009 10:06pm Post subject: ITV answered

Yeah that's the same as what I got :(.

Hopefully the amount of us complaining will make them realise what a big mistake they've made. I don't think they'd admit anything in emails out to individuals.

mp xxxx

@dreamingshadow

Midsomerlover

Posted Thu Oct 15th, 2009 10:07pm Post subject: ITV answered

Just the same old drivel they said in the press last week. They can't even be bothered to find a valid excuse (which there isn't) for axing Kingdom. *rses.

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

striped_mouse

Posted Thu Oct 15th, 2009 10:16pm Post subject: ITV answered

This is their official answer. I got the same. I don't want to be pessimist, but think that our e-mails won't help

Moosefluff

Posted Thu Oct 15th, 2009 10:44pm Post subject: ITV answered

They're probably not going to change their minds, but there's nothing to lose by making them aware of our anger.

nemelle

Member *

Posted Fri Oct 16th, 2009 8:04am Post subject: ITV answered

I've checked my emails this morning to find out that I've received the same thing. I've never participated in such campaigns before, so not sure if I can judge, but their explanation regarding a cancelled rating-winning show seems ten kinds of miserable to me.
Petition signed in the first day of course...

silversapphire

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 2:17pm Post subject: ITV answered

Guys, please don't be downhearted. If we think we won't get anywhere then we won't. ITV have cancelled many shows and one in particular, Primeval, was brought back after the fans waded in.

It will be hard in the beginning, new campaigns always are, but the more you call, write and email the better it will get. Apathy is the biggest killer of any campaign and we must not think ourselves into a corner, lets get out there and post some flyers (from the website and always where legally allowed to post a poster).

Here's the web addy with the flyer page to save you having to search for it.

http://bringbackkingdom.yolasite.com/campaign-updates-and-flyer.php

Silver Sapphire