Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

David Ross

Posted Sat Apr 25th, 2009 1:08am Post subject: Jade Goody The Musical. Discuss..............
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090423/ten-jade-goody.....4616c.html

Help

Posted Sat Apr 25th, 2009 11:14am Post subject: Jade Goody The Musical. Discuss..............
Excuse my French but, what a load of shite!
It's just another way for people to cash in on her.
Terrible!
In my opinion

gadgetgirl

Posted Sat Apr 25th, 2009 11:38am Post subject: Jade Goody The Musical. Discuss..............
I'll repeat my tweet - " YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!". Exploitation has no limits it seems.

That would be me.

Julia from Bristol

Posted Sun Apr 26th, 2009 8:22pm Post subject: Jade Goody The Musical. Discuss..............
In true Victor Meldrew style - I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

Enough is enough!

I have a cunning plan!

Maxx England

Posted Sun Apr 26th, 2009 8:44pm Post subject: Jade Goody The Musical. Discuss..............
Shouldn't the heading be - Jade Goody - The Musical - Dismiss?

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

Nitro

Posted Sun Apr 26th, 2009 11:18pm Post subject: Jade Goody The Musical. Discuss..............
As if I needed one more reason to detest musicals X-D Hell, when I heard Spiderman was made into a musical, it was all the evidence I needed that musicals are indeed total shit.

All you need to put on a musical is people who are mediocre at singing, dancing, and acting. Bang, you've got a hit! X-D

BTW, who is Jade Goody?

Really? Wow.

Corona

Posted Mon Apr 27th, 2009 5:40pm Post subject: Jade Goody The Musical. Discuss..............
She was a girl who was in Big Brother. She didnt win but she made a name for herself as common and ignorant. Somebody realised they could make money out of her so she got on other shows. She had no talent and was thick but it is not important show business.

Now she is dead because of cancer. I am sorry anybody dies of it but she doesnt deserve to be remembered like a heroine because of that.

Soph

Posted Mon Apr 27th, 2009 6:47pm Post subject: Jade Goody The Musical. Discuss..............
I don't dislike Jade, I never have. But the idea of this seems absolutely ludicrous to me.

Photobucket

4orty2

Posted Mon Apr 27th, 2009 7:01pm Post subject: Jade Goody The Musical. Discuss..............
The only question is ... will it be better or worse than "Jerry Springer - the Musical"?

ratoutofhell

Posted Mon Apr 27th, 2009 7:05pm Post subject: Jade Goody The Musical. Discuss..............
The only question is ... will it be better or worse than "Jerry Springer - the Musical"?

It will be infinitely more mawkish and sentimental

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

Telepresent

Posted Tue Apr 28th, 2009 2:12am Post subject: Jade Goody The Musical. Discuss..............
She was a girl who was in Big Brother. She didnt win but she made a name for herself as common and ignorant. Somebody realised they could make money out of her so she got on other shows. She had no talent and was thick but it is not important show business.

Now she is dead because of cancer. I am sorry anybody dies of it but she doesnt deserve to be remembered like a heroine because of that.

You missed the part, about a year and a half ago, where the entire country was about to lynch her for being a nasty little racist bigot.

Of course, being famous and getting cancer makes all that redundant. You see, when you have cancer, nobody is allowed to say anything bad about you, ever ever again. Even if you are an ignorant, nasty little racist bigot. Indeed, it seems to make you another princess Diana, if the press and public response is anything to go by.

I mean, where are all the huge, mournful funerals for all the other people who died of cancer that month? People who were not known around the nation a year ago... but weren't hated by them either.

Sorry, but this subject just pisses me off so much. It's the hypocracy, and the fact that those 'mourners' interviewed at the procession didn't seem to know what they were mourning for. I appreciate she raised awareness of cervical cancer. I appreciate she used all her publicity to raise money for her kids. What I don't appreciate is the people (seemingly the entire damn nation) who turned-face their opinion just because the Sun told them to...

Sorry again. This has been festering...

ratoutofhell

Posted Tue Apr 28th, 2009 9:48am Post subject: Jade Goody The Musical. Discuss..............
I'm very much with you, Telepresent.

It is sad that two young boys have lost their mother, but it is unfortunately not that uncommon. While I acknowledge that dying of cancer at that age is tragic, I refuse to "mourn" for someone I would never have known about if she hadn't been a loud and unpleasant reality show contestant, thus getting a great deal of media attention.

Also, let's not forget that she ignored positive smear test results - the cancer could have been caught much earlier, and dealt with, but she didn't want to face it.

I was especially unimpressed by some of the comments on Facebook that if you weren't all sad and upset by her death you were some kind of monster. People die every day. I am more inspired by Jane Tomlinson, who ran marathons etc to raise money for cancer charities and kept going up until her death, than I am by Jade Goody.

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

gadgetgirl

Posted Tue Apr 28th, 2009 9:57am Post subject: Jade Goody The Musical. Discuss..............
One wonders if there will be a "Shilpa Poppadom" number bollywood style?

That would be me.

Julia from Bristol

Posted Tue Apr 28th, 2009 10:16am Post subject: Jade Goody The Musical. Discuss..............
I agree entirely with you both Telepresent & Rat.
One aspect that annoys me is that she raised lots of money but none of it went into research. How much money would her children have been brought up with if she had just continued with her life? Not a great deal I think!

I have a cunning plan!

Help

Posted Tue Apr 28th, 2009 12:01pm Post subject: Jade Goody The Musical. Discuss..............
One wonders if there will be a "Shilpa Poppadom" number bollywood style?
Ohh, aha, *snigger* *snort*
That may or may not have made me look like this, but not quite as green!