Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

NomdePlume

Posted Tue Jan 10th, 2012 11:24am Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster - Acting Antics (Mr. Fry - A moment of your time, perhaps?)

So, as has likely been asked numerous times before: Over the course of Jeeves & Wooster, the characters of Gussie Fink-Nottle & Ms. Madeline Bassett change multiple times. From what I can tell, Gussie is played by two actors, where as Madeline is played by no less than three actresses over the course of the series. Though distracting, this isn't the change that surprises me most.

The change that strikes me enough to post about it online is the sudden onset of speech impediments in both characters starting in series #3. The question I have for you, Mr. Fry (and any J&W fanatics who might be reading), is what brought about such dramatic personality quirks? Did the series really need to be MORE tongue-in-cheek comedic?

I'd appreciate any comment on the matter as, frankly - it baffles me, and I'm absolutely with child to know the answer.

Good Night, Good Luck & Good Riddance.

TomHRXi

Posted Fri Jan 27th, 2012 7:51am Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster - Acting Antics (Mr. Fry - A moment of your time, perhaps?)

sorry mate i dont have answer for your post