Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Frylu

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 3:40pm Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster
I have the boxset for mmh.. let me see half a year and watched it twice.Whats your favourite episode(s).

1. The trombone
2. the first one with the first "meeting" of J & W.
3. Well, I think all are brilliant (!) (!) (!)

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 7:37pm Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster
Ooooh so many. Some of my favourites include:

- The first episode.
- The episode where they all go down to Brinkley Court and Tuppy and some of the others pretend to be off their food and Anatole goes nuts and the following episode where Bertie has to ride off for miles in the rain on a bicycle.
- Most of season 2, particularly the episode where Jeeves left Bertie and Bertie got a crap valet.
- The cowcreamer episode.
- The episode where Bertie meets that couple who try to steal his aunt's pearls and when they met Biffy who had such a bad memory he couldn't even remember the name of the love of his life.
- The one where Bingo pretends to be a commie.
- The one where Jeeves goes nightclubbing in New York for Rocky.
- The one where Jeeves pretends to be Rosie M. Banks and Bertie has to pretend to be a maid.
- The one where Bertie has to steal an African idol from the Basset household.

Assuming direct control...

Skadoo

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 7:40pm Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:40 am Post subject:
I have the boxset for mmh.. let me see Rolling Eyes half a year and watched it twice.Whats your favourite episode(s). Question

1. The trombone
2. the first one with the first "meeting" of J & W.
3. Well, I think all are brilliant Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

My favorites
1. Brinkley Manor- when J&W get Gussie drunk
2. The Full House- montage of Jeeves living it up in NYC alone
3. Jeeves Arrival- for the simple reason that I watched that episode first and was immediately hooked on the series

Soupy Twist

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 8:34pm Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster
My absolute favourites:
- Gussie and the Market Snodsbury Grammar School prize giving ('of course you should, you silly ass!')
- the cow creamer
- Twing Hall and the gambling at the village fair
- Gussie, the notebook and Roderick Spode
- Bertie in Westcombe-on-sea with the Hemmingways and Aunt Agatha┬┤s pearls

AxmxZ

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 8:44pm Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster
I think my absolute favorite moment in the show was the bit where everyone converged on the steamship and the boys leapt overboard like some tragic Greek double suicide. Or Thelma and Louise.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 9:04pm Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster
I think my absolute favorite moment in the show was the bit where everyone converged on the steamship and the boys leapt overboard like some tragic Greek double suicide. Or Thelma and Louise.

Ahhhh, if only they had held hands.

My favorite moment is when Bertie and Jeeves played strip Twister. Can't remember what episode, but I keep replaying it over and over in my head.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

AxmxZ

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 9:30pm Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster

Ahhhh, if only they had held hands. .

My husband actually said something like "Oh my God" when they jumped. You coudl tell he instantly re-imagined the entire series as a tale of persecution and tragedy.

My favorite moment is when Bertie and Jeeves played strip Twister. Can't remember what episode, but I keep replaying it over and over in my head.

I think I recall that one. Didn't Bertie end up in nothing but his gartered socks and a dippy smile?

Canzonett

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 10:50pm Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster

And the final scene following that jump:

BERTIE: Eight and a half months without a drink may be a Drones record.
JEEVES: Congratulations, sir.
BERTIE: Well, your jolly good health, Jeeves.
JEEVES: Thank you, sir.
BERTIE: Well rowed.
JEEVES: It's good of you to say so, sir, though there was perhaps a little too much of it for my taste.
BERTIE: Oh, Jeeves, this is not the time for recriminations.
JEEVES: Very good, sir.
BERTIE: My navigation was impeccable throughout.
JEEVES (hesitantly): Very good, sir.
BERTIE: Though I must say, coming across the Great Barrier Reef like that was a bit of a shock.
JEEVES: Do you remember that long, narrow stretch of waterway that you insisted was The Serpentine, sir?
BERTIE (rolling his eyes): Jeeves ...
JEEVES: It was, in fact, as I suggested at the time, sir, the Panama canal.
BERTIE: Jeeves, it was hardly my fault that the compass was of unconventional design.
JEEVES: Again, pardon me for saying so, sir, but most compasses do point north.
BERTIE: Jeeves, let's not start this tedious argument again.

Although I must say that, if I had to choose one single favourite, I probably would pick the Market Snodsbury Grammar School szene. And Bertie being hunted by Spode around the Gallery, desperately seeking for that "Eu..." word he has forgotten! I have always felt uncomfortable about Spode, though. As if the character (in the TV series, that is, not necessarily in the books) did not quite hit that particular tone I perceive as satirical.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Nov 30th, 2006 9:17am Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster

Fryphile wrote

I think I recall that one. Didn't Bertie end up in nothing but his gartered socks and a dippy smile?

I thought he ended up in nothing but a yellow T-shirt and a smile (or was that someone else... )

Frylu

Posted Thu Nov 30th, 2006 9:22am Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster
But the scene ends with:

Jeeves: Are you dining in tonight. Sir?

Bertie: Yes, but no fish , I think.

Jeeves: Very good Sir

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Nov 30th, 2006 12:35pm Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster

Smashing scene. I must watch it again sometime.

Where did Bertie and Jeeves get a rowing boat from anyway? And a compass? And how did they surivive rowing around the world getting to England the wrong way? It is questions like these my boyfriend was asking when he saw that ending. It annoyed him, he thought it was daft. But then he doesn't like any of the New York episodes.

Assuming direct control...

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Nov 30th, 2006 2:26pm Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster
Where did Bertie and Jeeves get a rowing boat from anyway? And a compass?

Bertie must've traded some of his clothing. At Jeeves's astute suggestion of course

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Kari

Posted Thu Nov 30th, 2006 2:28pm Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster
And a VERY nice suggestion that was too.

AxmxZ

Posted Thu Nov 30th, 2006 4:29pm Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster
Either that or Jeeves pimped him out to sailors...

hughsbeautiful

Posted Thu Nov 30th, 2006 11:47pm Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster
If anyone would like to bring joy to their screen and eye, here's a wallpaper with the boys, made by yours truly