Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Clive

Posted Sun Jan 16th, 2011 10:01pm Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster

What ho, what ho, what ho?!

Sorry to bally well revive a bit of an old thread, what - dashed impertinent of me and all, but I just had to biff on over here to say...

I watched the series when I was little and just got the DVD boxset for Christmas - I can't believe I went Jeeves and Wooster-less for so long in between, LOL!

The cow creamer episode is very dear to my heart, in large part because my Mum collects them fanatically. I try not to worry when she refers to her collection as 'My Girls.' She longs for a silver one like the one in J&W - it's like the Holy Grail of cow creamers to her. I sometimes have nightmares of her sending me to steal a cowcreamer from a rival collector's stately home and being whalloped over the head in the dark by a rector with a cricket bat.

And I really hope this isn't too naughty, but I found this brilliant German trailer for 'Jeeves and Wooster' on YouTube and couldn't resist messing around with it. There was a huge one-time craze for fake-subtitling in the lesbian Star Trek Voyager community to which I used to belong. We used to make Captain Janeway and Seven of Nine look like they were saying rudey things to each other. I was young and impetuous then - prone to all sorts of irreverent, time-wasting activities. The same mood came over me very briefly yesterday.

Of course, the joke falls a bit flat if you actually speak or understand German, but nevertheless...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBIghN9tvig

P.S. Does anyone know where there might be any ebook editions of the J&W books online for free (I got an ereader for Christmas and am busy digitalising my library, lol!)? I've found 'My Man Jeeves' and 'Right Ho, Jeeves' on projectgutenberg.com but I'm not having luck finding any more!

'Vote for E.L. Wisty, or invisible nudists will come along and smash you round the face.'

(E.L. Wisty)

My Attempt at Tumbling

Twitter: @CliveLive49

thirtydegrees

Posted Sun Mar 27th, 2011 12:56pm Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster

Bonjour one and all. This is my first post, please be gentle with me....

I hope you fryphiles can help me. I have a group of lovely Hugh Laurie fans winging their way to London for a forum adventure in June and I am planning some "Hugh was here" tours of London.

Can anyone help me with some Jeeves and Wooster locations? I know that some of the external NY scenes of Bertie's apartment were filmed at Shell Mex house. I've tried to locate the Drones and Bertie's London pad to no avail.

If you know of any other F&L locations that my International friends would love to visit, please could you let me know.

Thanks so much and enjoy the first day of British Summer Time.

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Mar 27th, 2011 2:27pm Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster

Hi thirtydegrees. I know of someone who knows of someone who may have some sites you hadn't thought about. Am sending you a PM.

Mirandarch

Posted Mon Jun 13th, 2011 8:39am Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster

Hello all, New member here, Stephen if you read these posts could you please please let us know how we can purchase on iTunes the series of Jeeves and Wooster?
Being an Apple fan we have apple tv and ipads2 etc and it is so lovely to watch episodes of tv series and fav movies whenever we want via our iTunes store.

Kingbudd

Posted Fri Jun 17th, 2011 7:33pm Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster

Hello everyone!
I am with thirtydegrees- these filming locations drive me crazy, especially the Wooster's house in London. Memory keeps telling me that I've seen a plaque at Lancaster Road or around Fleet Street telling "This is Bertie Wooster house" but I haven't been able to locate it in real life so far.
Please let me know where it is. I'd be extremely grateful. Many many thanks in advance.

PC Caliban

Posted Sat Jun 18th, 2011 10:31am Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster

I could never get into that show when it was first on, I will have to watch the repeats. The problem I have is that I find Mr Stephen Fry more interesting as Mr. Stephen Fry than any character he can play.

What would you rather do, spend an evening seeing him playing Jeeves or listening to him talking about his views on life. I would take the second any day.

ScotsPine

Posted Wed Sep 21st, 2011 12:57pm Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster

I just love this series. Stephen Fry and Hugh Lawrie are perfect and the supporting cast are excellent. Such a shame that Hugh has gone all American on us. He needs to come back and play more silly toffs!

LaurelT

Posted Sun Nov 27th, 2011 1:16am Post subject: Jeeves & Wooster

Any updates here? I am in London for a year and I'd just love to be able to find some of the filming locations. Especially to know if the Harley St locations are really Harley St. I love so close to there now...

Anyone?