Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Joan

Posted Mon Sep 17th, 2012 7:04pm Post subject: joan and Joan

Hi from the other Joan. I am the unknown, silent Fry fan Joan in Seattle, not the UK, lower case but fabulous joan you know and love from the UK.

When you type "Joan" in a pm address field instead of "joan", I will receive your thoughtful, beautifully constructed correspondence in Seattle.

I'm really flattered, but fabulous UK joan will understand the context of your notes much better than I.

Carry on!
-Joan in Seattle

Pelle_Hamburg

Posted Mon Sep 17th, 2012 9:46pm Post subject: joan and Joan

...yeah, believe it or not, I did do that: typed in "joan" but still you got the message. Something seems off and it's not me!...honestly, I tried 3 times...

clicking on "PM this user" under your photo there is "joan-2" in address field...contact administrator?

Ok. Oh! You mean now?

joan

Posted Tue Sep 18th, 2012 12:12pm Post subject: joan and Joan

Pelle - I've sent you a PM which should sort out the joan/Joan problem!

Joan - thank you for calling me fabulous - it sounds so good: not a bit like things I'm usually called (such as 'Swamp Creature from Hell', when I've been gardening after the rain, or just plain 'annoying'.

You should post more on here. I've been talking to Pelle about the differences between American English and English English. There are so many dodgy words that can lead us all into trouble! My latest was thinking GOP meant God's Own Party until I looked it up! Then there are words like Republican and Liberal which mean the opposite here in Australia. The Liberal Party is right wing. And the Republicans are simply anti-monarchists. When the leader of our Liberals, who is a monarchist and therefore anti-republican visited the USA, they thought he was a leftie!!!

We can all have a lot of fun with words.

marmotte

Posted Tue Sep 18th, 2012 8:51pm Post subject: joan and Joan

Pelle_Hamburg said:
...yeah, believe it or not, I did do that: typed in "joan" but still you got the message. Something seems off and it's not me!...honestly, I tried 3 times...

clicking on "PM this user" under your photo there is "joan-2" in address field...contact administrator?

I just had the same problem! After having read your posts I was extra-careful that I picked the right joan, but nevertheless the message then was sent to the other one. I'm very sorry that I've bothered the one Joan with messages intended for the other one... there seems to be some technical issue.

Joan

Posted Mon Sep 24th, 2012 9:35am Post subject: joan and Joan

joan said:
Pelle - I've sent you a PM which should sort out the joan/Joan problem!

Joan - thank you for calling me fabulous - it sounds so good: not a bit like things I'm usually called (such as 'Swamp Creature from Hell', when I've been gardening after the rain, or just plain 'annoying'.

You should post more on here. I've been talking to Pelle about the differences between American English and English English. There are so many dodgy words that can lead us all into trouble! My latest was thinking GOP meant God's Own Party until I looked it up! Then there are words like Republican and Liberal which mean the opposite here in Australia. The Liberal Party is right wing. And the Republicans are simply anti-monarchists. When the leader of our Liberals, who is a monarchist and therefore anti-republican visited the USA, they thought he was a leftie!!!

We can all have a lot of fun with words.

Aaaaah. American vs English english, and Ozzie english-- what is THAT all about?!

I wish I had more time to type here but living on a boat without regular full sized internet cramps my blog style. Or maybe I just find myself nodding yes yes yes to everything you kids are saying but not much of my own to contribute? Also true!

gadgetgirl

Posted Wed Sep 26th, 2012 8:39am Post subject: joan and Joan

You're all lovely...

That would be me.

Nitro

Posted Wed Oct 3rd, 2012 9:43pm Post subject: joan and Joan

Did it ever get fixed?

Either way, I hope you're both doing well.

Really? Wow.

joan

Posted Thu Oct 4th, 2012 2:52am Post subject: joan and Joan

yes - all sorted now, thanks.