Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Eowyn_Brooks

Posted Wed Feb 3rd, 2010 10:59pm Post subject: John Muir and BTCV (British Trust For Conservation Volunteers).

hi guys just thought i would let you all know about BTCV, a concervation organisation that runs all over England and Scotland (as well as other countries i am quite sure), which is run and supported by the council.
i am a volunteer conservationist for my local BTVC group here in Inverness, Scotland, and we have been working very hard on keeping our local nature reserves and general wildlife areas clean and tidy for all to enjoy, also adding Bat and Bird boxes and habitat piles to these areas, to encourage the wildlife to stay put!

i was just wandering if any of you had heard of the 'John Muir' Award?? and if anyone here has taken part in it and recieved their Certificates??

if you're involved with any small (or large) concervation groups, then feel free to post here and let us all know how your group is getting on, which areas you are working on, and what wildlife you have spotted!

Ta- very much!
xx

Its Pronounced: Ay-oh-win

Efim

Posted Fri Feb 12th, 2010 9:36pm Post subject: John Muir and BTCV (British Trust For Conservation Volunteers).

Only for Scotland?
What you can think about Russian?

It is inconvenient to wear a tie? Try a knightly armour.

aidrenegade

Posted Fri Nov 26th, 2010 12:43pm Post subject: John Muir and BTCV (British Trust For Conservation Volunteers).

I've just been browsing the BTCV website to see what volunteer opportunities are available in my area. They have a map you can use to find opportunities in your area at:
http://www2.btcv.org.uk/display/findbtcv

Astronomeradam

Posted Sun Sep 18th, 2011 4:18pm Post subject: John Muir and BTCV (British Trust For Conservation Volunteers).

http://Www.beautyintheenvironment.com

One of my work projects.

If you wish to learn something then the night sky is the best university you could hope to attend. Have a look tonight.