Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Terhen

Posted Sun May 25th, 2008 11:44pm Post subject: John Steele: To answer...
Hi John, thank you for answering my first tentative message! (Thanks a lot to everyone else too!!!)

You are a linguist, I see. And (horror of horrors) teach english as a foreign language, which is a tad intimidating, considering...

To answer your questions; firstly, my name, Terhen, is pronounced (like all finnish words) the same way as it is written: (ter' hen). In this case I give you two english words and go from there. Think "TERra" and then, well, "HEN" X-D . There you have it.
I'd be happy to give a few lessons. Can't think why anyone would want some but god bless them! Finnish is a nightmarish language to learn. For example, we do not have pre- or postpositions, a lots of different stuff is just added to the end of words.
Was it that you knew someone with interest in finnish music? I might see the point, not much fun listening to someone singing in gibberish!

Can you tell me what should I do with the timethingy? When I posted my first message, I was surprised to see a three hours difference to our time here... I'm definately not good with these kind of things. And no, I'm not a blond ;-).
Ta-da all!!!
T

flookwit

Posted Mon May 26th, 2008 1:13pm Post subject: John Steele: To answer...
Hello Terhen. I was going to say 'Hello' to you on the other thread, but saw this post of yours here and just had to comment on how extraordinarily good your command of the English language is. Do all Finlanders/Finnish people have such a good command of native English as you?