I found this link via the UN, and it's about sexual harassment: http://www.un.org/womenwatch/osagi/pdf/Imfeeoc.pdf
A quote from the document
"The victim as well as the harasser may be a woman or a man. The victim does not have to be of the opposite sex."
Another link with definitions etc.: http://www.un.org/womenwatch/osagi/pdf/whatissh.pdf
"Sexual harassment includes many things...
· Actual or attempted rape or sexual assault.
· Unwanted pressure for sexual favors.
· Unwanted deliberate touching, leaning over, cornering, or pinching.
· Unwanted sexual looks or gestures.
· Unwanted letters, telephone calls, or materials of a sexual nature.
· Unwanted pressure for dates.
· Unwanted sexual teasing, jokes, remarks, or questions.
· Referring to an adult as a girl, hunk, doll, babe, or honey.
· Whistling at someone.
· Cat calls.
· Sexual comments.
· Turning work discussions to sexual topics.
· Sexual innuendos or stories.
· Asking about sexual fantasies, preferences, or history.
· Personal questions about social or sexual life.
· Sexual comments about a person's clothing, anatomy, or looks.
· Kissing sounds, howling, and smacking lips.
· Telling lies or spreading rumors about a person's personal sex life.
· Neck massage.
· Touching an employee's clothing, hair, or body.
· Giving personal gifts.
· Hanging around a person.
· Hugging, kissing, patting, or stroking.
· Touching or rubbing oneself sexually around another person.
· Standing close or brushing up against a person.
· Looking a person up and down (elevator eyes).
· Staring at someone.
· Sexually suggestive signals.
· Facial expressions, winking, throwing kisses, or licking lips.
· Making sexual gestures with hands or through body movements.
· Giving a massage around the neck or shoulders
· Touching the person's clothing, hair, or body
· Hugging, kissing, patting, or stroking
· Touching or rubbing oneself sexually around another person
· Standing close or brushing up against another person"
The very same document has a definition of sexism:
"SEXISM is an attitude. It is an attitude of a person of one sex that he or she is
superior to a person of the other sex.
For example, a man thinks that women are too emotional. Or a woman thinks that men are chauvinists."
Why did I start this thread anyway? Because I can't stand people who are treating other people badly. Esp. not as "entertainment". Because I don't think everything is funny. Because I wonder how people who have experienced similar behavior reacted to what happened at the show. Did they find it funny? And what kind of message is it sending? That it is OK to harass people? That it is not to be taken seriously? Rape jokes isn't funny either (no matter what it is about, i.e. prison rape jokes in the "Bottom" live show from 1995). But maybe it's just me who's picky when it comes to humor and what makes me laugh.