Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

PamJH

Posted Mon Mar 9th, 2009 1:19pm Post subject: Just letting you know...
I enjoyed these, especially the third one. Who wrote it?

When I listen to the third one, I picture my brother and I lounging on gliders on our grandparents' front porch in the 60s. The days were long and lazy and it was too hot to do anything but listen to our transistor radios and drink Cokes from 8-oz. glass bottles.

Maxx England

Posted Mon Mar 9th, 2009 7:21pm Post subject: Just letting you know...
It's mine. It started out as an exercise in major scales, and sort of grew to the point where it had a life of it's own. I wasn't sure if it was working right until i played it in front of a room full of 7 to 10 year olds. Kids are the hardest audience; these, without being told, shut up and sat down. I don't care about being rich or famous, I've already been a success

And thank you for your kind words. All I have to do now is write the background music for a multinational franchised game show that's on 5 days a week in 40 countries. (I may have exaggerated about not caring about being rich). Darowyn, who was the engineer who recorded the tracks, knows the man who wrote the background music for the Weakest Link quiz show. £200 a minute royalties, the music runs all the way through a 30 minute show. 5 days a week. In 40 countries.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

PamJH

Posted Mon Mar 9th, 2009 9:13pm Post subject: Just letting you know...
Maxx,

At that profit, I think I'd start caring about getting rich. Once you are, you won't pretend you don't know us, will you?

Kudos on shutting up the kids. I know from experience that it's hard to do. I used to employ threats.

Maxx England

Posted Thu Mar 12th, 2009 1:55pm Post subject: Just letting you know...
If I had that kind of income, it would be World Tour Time, bringing family and some damn good friends with me. The music, the racing, the people on the the forums (fora?). I don't see it happening, but you never can tell.

Odd thing happening to me. I grew up in a family where you never got praised, and in an undemonstrative society. I now find, having recently gained the 56th growth ring of my life, that people are coming up to me, absolute strangers, and saying how much they enjoyed what I played and now there are two emotions operating at the same time.

The first is the sense of "is this really happening?" and the growing acceptance that there is no sarcastic sting in the tail yet to come, and the second is an almost childlike desperation to hear ever more praise. It's surprising how powerful that need is. It's probably due to the emotional starvation of my upbringing and it's something I had never expected to happen This, I think, is starting to give me an insight into those performers we regard as prima donnas, that it's really a craving for love and acceptance rooted deep in an insecure soul. Powerful and worrying stuff, these emotion things. Perhaps I'd better lock them away somewhere safe?

Maxx England

Posted Thu Mar 12th, 2009 1:58pm Post subject: Just letting you know...
And Swanage at the weekend was 10/10 most of the time except for when it reached 12/10 Pam, you'd love the pubs. Proper, real cider in most of them except the Purbeck had Blackthorn, and even that's better than Strongbow.