Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Ad

Posted Wed May 26th, 2010 6:20am Post subject: Just saw the Wagner documentary on BBC 4 (twice)

this alone makes my Dutch digital subscription to the BBC channels worthwhile !
Huge fan of Wagner and King Ludwig II of Bavaria and of the Visconti movie,
watched it in my bed under the arched fresco of "the temptations of King Ludwig" with the light of dawn fading in . . .
just dedicated a weblog entry to the experience at http://www.queerlog.nl

ffi ffi pants

Posted Thu Jun 3rd, 2010 12:53am Post subject: Just saw the Wagner documentary on BBC 4 (twice)

oh same,im not going to lie,i prettey much watched it on iplayer purely as i saw stephen frys face advertising it and quite frankly ill watch any documentart with him presenting it as it never fails to amaze me how much intellect you can fit in one brain!But i wa surprised at how much i actually liked it, i was in a strange wa a little surprised at how many peple disliked it out of principle. I understand why they would and i dont agree with any of wagners personal views, judgments or actions but his music is sort of seperate for me from all of that and its just so powerfull i guess as long as i can relate it to my own personal feeling and experiences the rest doesnt really automatically enter my thoughts. I still like a good old verdi though!

Ffi