Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

aRT1e

Posted Mon Mar 9th, 2009 8:48am Post subject: Just so Mr Stephen Fry knows... metal scrotums explained.
The, er, 'brass balls' (or aluminum or plastic, etc.) he handles at the trucker-store during episode 4 in Nebraska are not hung from the rearview mirrors but rather from the back bumper of any automobile whose owner happens to be a huge dick (pun intended). They are meant to give the vehicle the appearance of a bull do sort of swing back and forth while the car is in motion. They are referred to as 'truck nuts', 'truck balls' or 'truck scrotums'. They may be purchased (albeit Lord knows why you would) here:

http://www.thatsnutz.com/truck-nuts-c-65.html

PamJH

Posted Mon Mar 9th, 2009 1:29pm Post subject: Just so Mr Stephen Fry knows... metal scrotums explained.
I know this is for Mr. Fry's edification, but you've edified me as well. I have never heard of or seen these things in my life. And I don't want to. One does learn something new every day.

Nitro

Posted Tue Mar 10th, 2009 6:17pm Post subject: Just so Mr Stephen Fry knows... metal scrotums explained.
They're an odd choice, to me, for an auto accessory but, I'm afraid I see them more and more around these parts. Blech!

Really? Wow.

New_World

Posted Thu Mar 12th, 2009 5:30pm Post subject: Just so Mr Stephen Fry knows... metal scrotums explained.
I see them occasionally here in the Midwest, where they are considered, um, low-class.

They also come in blue!

PamJH

Posted Thu Mar 12th, 2009 8:07pm Post subject: Just so Mr Stephen Fry knows... metal scrotums explained.
I see them occasionally here in the Midwest, where they are considered, um, low-class.

They also come in blue!

Good to see another person from the Rust Belt. I asked my trucker pal about these. He laughed uproariously and said he'd never in a million years put them on his trucks. He also said drivers like to kick them in the truck stop parking lots. A weird idea of fun, to be sure.

Katrina

Posted Sat Mar 14th, 2009 7:53am Post subject: Just so Mr Stephen Fry knows... metal scrotums explained.

They also come in blue!

Hey, just wondering... are you at IU, or do you just live in the Bloomington area?

'Cause I'm at Purdue obviously... X-D

It's cool to see someone else from Indiana, though!

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

gadgetgirl

Posted Sat Mar 14th, 2009 8:57am Post subject: Just so Mr Stephen Fry knows... metal scrotums explained.
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure that explains why someone would do this still though X-D

That would be me.

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat Mar 14th, 2009 3:33pm Post subject: Just so Mr Stephen Fry knows... metal scrotums explained.
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure that explains why someone would do this still though X-D

You should see them when someone driving ahead of you stops, because they look even more ridiculous when they swing.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman