Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 2:10am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

It is with a very heavy heart that I relay the following to you all from her father Paul Culling:

"It is with great sadness that I message you all today.
Katy sadly lost her battle with bipolar disorder and passed away on Tuesday 22nd March at midnight. We don't have the full details of the circumstances surrounding her death yet but I will post funeral details when we know for those interested in attending.

Love Paul, Sue, Beth, ..."

I am saddened beyond description by this news. Katy-Sara, you were a sweet, lovely, talented, courageous, truly wonderful human being and great friend to me. We shared many laughs and a few tears and I miss you already. And though the world was far better with you in it, I know you're at peace now. I'll never forget you.

Edit: When Mr.Culling provides the funeral details I will post them here.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

IdeaCollector

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 2:15am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I wanted to give you a chance to post this first on the forums Toby so now I'll add my bit.

Katy-Sara loved this forum and loved helping people with BPD. She was a bright light in her world. An inspiration in the way that she used her manic times to write books to help people with BPD and educate those without it. She was a beautiful soul, and kinder than so many people one encounters in this life. She will be missed by us all to be sure.

To me specifically she was so kind. I had so hoped to take her to lunch during my trip to the UK in May but alas that cannot happened. RIP Katy-Sara, you will be forever loved and missed.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

ginj

Member *

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 2:33am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

How very sad. I really didn't know Katy-Sara, but I do know that she did a lot for this forum, and was very involved with and supportive of the BPD section of the forum. I also could tell from her latest tweets that she was going through a very hard time. Although I may have said I didn't really know her, I am extremely saddened to hear of Katy-Sara's passing, she was a good woman who gave a lot of herself. My deepest sympathies to her friends and family.

RIP Katy-Sara, you will be missed. xx

AC

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 3:44am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I am so sorry to hear about this. I didn't know Katy-Sara all that well, but this forum clearly meant a lot to her, and she helped make it a home away from home especially for people with BPD. I hope everyone who has benefited from her wisdom and kindness will continue to find a great deal of comfort and support here, and continue the good work she did.

Lots of hugs and sympathy to Katy-Sara's friends and family. May she rest in peace.

"Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you." -Oscar Wilde

gjhsu

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 4:20am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

This forum has lost one of its own, and that is a very sad thing.

In times like these, I always refer to the quote from Archbishop Ramsey, "Wisdom? Wisdom is the ability to cope." And so, I hope that we can all be wise enough to live on day by day.

We'll miss her dearly.

inckognito

Inactive

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 7:38am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I am deeply saddened to learn of Katy-Sara death Wonderful, kind person who helped so many people, suffering from Bipolar, on the Forum, including me. You will stay in my heart, Katy-Sara...

My deepest sympathy and condolences for Paul, Sue, Beth and all the family.

gadgetgirl

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 8:57am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I didn't know KS very well, but there were a couple of occasions when she helped me immeasurably. Her books were incredibly helpful. She's a real loss, I'm lost for words really.

That would be me.

tito

Member *

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 10:50am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Devastating news. She was a great friend, an enormous help to everyone, to me over the past few months especially, always taking the time to message me to offer love and support and sound advice.

I don't know what I would have done without her.

I'll love her always, and echo Toby Monk's words. The world was a better place with her in it, she was selfless and remarkable. A gentle and enduring friend.

What a privilege to have come to know her.

Rest in peace dear Katy

mvet88

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 11:07am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I am sorry that I did not know Katy Sara apart from here on the forum however I wish to extend my deepest condolences to all her family and friends that have been affected by her loss.

May she rest in peace

andrealein

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 11:13am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I didn't know Katy-Sara very well, but what I know of her tells me she was a wonderful person, always so lovely, always found the strength to help others. It's sad news, but at least she's at peace now.

I am not a Russian spy, cross my heart and hope to die.

lonesome aesthetic

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 12:10pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

RIP Katy-Sara, you will be dearly missed.

We've never spoke much online but I had privilege of meeting you in Oxford and sharing a lovely chat. I'm glad I had that chance.
You were truly a lovely, wonderful caring person.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 1:45pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

fuck

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

nemelle

Member *

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 1:56pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Deeply saddened by the news. As a fellow bipolar, I admire Katy-Sara's dedication and ability to help those suffering from this illness. I was lucky enough to meet her in Oxford last year - had no idea how lucky...
Rest in peace.

ginj

Member *

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 2:36pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

That's right, several fluffettes had the honor of meeting Katy-Sara in October. Is it too soon, or would it be inappropriate for this thread to ask those of you who have met Katysara to share something of that meeting?

Andrew Sampson

Administrator

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 3:56pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Stephen and I were very sad to hear this news late last night.

Katy-Sara was a committed forum moderator. From the beginning of her role, she performed her role passionately.

She also assisted us in the transition from the old system to this new forum and was tireless and uncomplaining at all times.

Her character set a tone for the forum that we admired, sometimes from afar but never so far away as to not notice.

She will be greatly missed by all of us that had the pleasure of working with her.

Our condolences to her family and friends.

Stephen Fry and Andrew Sampson