Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 2:14am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

It is with a very heavy heart that I relay the following to you all from her father Paul Culling:

"It is with great sadness that I message you all today.
Katy sadly lost her battle with bipolar disorder and passed away on Tuesday 22nd March at midnight. We don't have the full details of the circumstances surrounding her death yet but I will post funeral details when we know for those interested in attending.

Love Paul, Sue, Beth, ..."

I am saddened beyond description by this news. Katy-Sara, you were a sweet, lovely, talented, courageous, truly wonderful human being and great friend to me. We shared many laughs and a few tears and I miss you already. And though the world was far better with you in it, I know you're at peace now. I'll never forget you.

Edit: When Mr.Culling provides the funeral details I will post them here.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

IdeaCollector

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 2:56am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

This portion of the forum was Katy-Sara's love. She was totally in her element when she was helping others. She was such a beacon and inspiration to me even as someone who is not bipolar.

I've lost several people in my life over the years but Katy-Sara will forever be one of the people I will miss the most. She was one of the dearest people I've ever met and I was so blessed to have known her. And we were all blessed to have been in her presence.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

gadgetgirl

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 8:48am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I didn't know KS very well, but there were a couple of occasions when she helped me immeasurably. Her books were incredibly helpful. She's a real loss, I'm lost for words really.

That would be me.

craigm

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 9:17am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

God that's awful..

I just came past this forum again after some time, quite by accident, after pestering it briefly around the time last year I was on the Psych ward and sent her some ranting emails about dreams I'd had which she HAD to send to Stephen. Needless to say she didn't, and responded that I sounded "dare I say it, manic?".

Any way, she is about all I remember about this forum and as soon as I came back here I instantly remembered our exchange and cringed at my last visit.

I have been hovering around suicidal myself for the last couple of weeks, choosing to listen to music and read stories about artists of all kinds who have lost their battle. It's becoming a dangerous, quite literally morbid obsession. Which is how I really ended up here.

So I had to go through the irritating lost password volley as soon as I read this hideous news, just to post some kind of reply.

Maybe there is something in the air these last couple of weeks. Another friend who also has BP is 'down there' as well at the moment.

Very sad.

UnsettlingLife

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 2:58pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I'm really stunned by this news. Katy did an awful lot to help me when I first began using this site and even took the time to talk to me via many private messages, the last of which was on Twitter just two days before she died. She will be missed by more people than I suspect she realised.

Regards to her family.

TripsOverHisCats

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 6:04pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Oh god.

Katy-Sara was the heart and soul of this (sub-)forum. I didn't know her well, but this is awful news. She was always so kind and helpful.

My thoughts are with her family and friends.

If, with the literate, I am
Impelled to try an epigram,
I never seek to take the credit;
We all assume that Oscar said it.
* Dorothy Parker

MrCartoonguy

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 11:17pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

So shocked.

I did not know Katy as well as I would have liked.
I enjoyed illustrating her latest book and the chats we had through facebook. She was so nice to me, had a wealth of knowledge, trustworthy and always made time to discuss anything with me.
Selfless, honest, charming and a person who I respected greatly. I am so shocked. This is really awful news.

Reality is contigent; the only permanent concept in the multiverse is change - death. We are born into it and it follows us.

Vampyros

Posted Sat Mar 26th, 2011 12:40am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I have just logged in after having no internet access for two weeks.

I am in shock. I knew they were messing with her meds and she thought they would hospitalise her but this.

She was so important to all of us, in fact still is. I was just writing some more to send her next week. Well she is still my editor except now she is supporting us from afar.

My heartfelt wishes and support go out to all those who have been affected by this especially her family.

Thats all I can write for now. I don't know what to do. She loved this forum and all of its members. Its up to us to fight on in her memory.

Love you Katy I am really going to miss you.
Vx

The Katy Sara Culling Tribute is ready in e-Book form http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2326 Charity/Bipolar

greentree

Posted Sat Mar 26th, 2011 9:36am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

She was in hosptial due to the meds thing.

Am stunned.
I 'knew' KS for about two and a half years, via this forum, and then facebook. She always spoke good sense, moderated fairly, and had a good sense of humour.
Feel like i've lost a friend even though i never met her.

No sig.

Vampyros

Posted Sat Mar 26th, 2011 9:48am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I only met her once but I felt very close to her through the site and other contact I miss her terribly already.

There are no answers only questions mainly WHY?

Vx

The Katy Sara Culling Tribute is ready in e-Book form http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2326 Charity/Bipolar

Pete

Posted Sat Mar 26th, 2011 11:28pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Have just read this and am deeply saddened by this news.
A loving person who put others ahead of herself all to often, and that always made Katy one of my heroes.
Will always be in my mind and heart Katy
X
Pete Snelling

Susanne85

Posted Sun Mar 27th, 2011 12:00am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Katy has helped me a lot. She was a really nice person. I will miss her.

elTweeno

Posted Sun Mar 27th, 2011 11:42am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I'm so sad to hear this.

I know I habitually disappear from this forum, but I'm usually still here in the background and in my most....erm, 'shy' moments Katy-Sara was a true friend and wonderfully caring, as she always was. She helped me - and I suspect many, many others - through some terrible times despite her own difficulties, and that's probably the most courageous thing any human being can do.

Katy-Sara, you will be missed, but rest in peace.

eT

I'm also on Twitter: elTweeno (of course!)

elTweeno

Posted Mon Mar 28th, 2011 4:03pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Just a thought as I pass again - there are some lovely sentiments in this thread, & I think we all loved and will miss KS.

Is there some way to collect the above thoughts together & send them to Katy-Sara's family? I know that if someone I loved had just died, I'd be comforted to know that person had done so much good in their life and helped so many people. I'm not sure why, it just feels right.

Maybe this is how we can use our skills developed through the Stephen Projects?

eT

I'm also on Twitter: elTweeno (of course!)

IdeaCollector

Posted Mon Mar 28th, 2011 9:05pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

There is a way indeed. I'll go so far as to say that either Toby or I will take care of it.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P