Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

elTweeno

Posted Mon Mar 28th, 2011 9:12pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

IdeaCollector said:
There is a way indeed. I'll go so far as to say that either Toby or I will take care of it.

Having discovered the Thread (and it's 4 whole pages of messages!) on General Musings, it seems to be that if, or when, people feel ready, we should put together something. I'm open to ideas of how, the format etc. When people are ready, it can and will happen, somehow.

It seems only right.

eT

I'm also on Twitter: elTweeno (of course!)

IdeaCollector

Posted Mon Mar 28th, 2011 9:31pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Yeppers...plus I know Clare has contacts as well. But I concur.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Vampyros

Posted Mon Mar 28th, 2011 11:50pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Great idea with have a think.
Vx

The Katy Sara Culling Tribute is ready in e-Book form http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2326 Charity/Bipolar

MrCartoonguy

Posted Tue Mar 29th, 2011 7:42am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

We could write to Stephen Fry? Directly?

Reality is contigent; the only permanent concept in the multiverse is change - death. We are born into it and it follows us.

MrCartoonguy

Posted Tue Mar 29th, 2011 7:43am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

We could write to Stephen Fry? Directly?

Reality is contigent; the only permanent concept in the multiverse is change - death. We are born into it and it follows us.

greentree

Posted Tue Mar 29th, 2011 10:02am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

There must be a way we could do this - it would be good for her family to see what a huge effect she had on people and how much she'll be missed. Obviouusly they'll miss her massively, but it might help them a bit to know other people will too.

No sig.

Wilde Woman

Posted Tue Mar 29th, 2011 10:40pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

RIP Katy-Sara - you tried to help one and all except perhaps yourself.

Two things KS was passionate about:
1. Fighting the stigma over Mental Illness
2. People being kinder to themselves.

We owe it to her and everyone who is, has been or ever will be suffering a mental illness to keep fighting.

Thank you Katy-Sara for all your support of so many myself included.

(PS for those of you following my blog site - fear not I'm still here and still intend to be but I am having a break from blogging for a bit).

My Blogsites:
http://mindwalking-ajournalofdiscovery.blogspot.com/
It's the one who haven't been assessed I'm scared of!

Wilde Woman

Posted Tue Mar 29th, 2011 11:03pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

craigm said:
God that's awful..

Yes it's awful, but Craigm Katy would never have wanted you or anyone to feel suicidal, she would have stuck with you until the moods and thoughts lifted as past history has already told you they can and do.

Given what others have said on here it sounds like a change in meds didn't help. So please make sure you get the ones you need.

Please, please please take care of yourself. The trouble with all this is that it can easily add to our own lows and make it seem as if all is bad and worthless. It simply isn't so. There is hope always. We hurt because we care. We hurt because we love life and grieve when it is sad and cruel. We hurt because we want life to be so many glorious things and flounder when it disappoints us and seems to dash our dreams. But dreams can not become reality unless we are here to make them so.

Please talk to the medics if you're feeling low, get a counsellor, a shrink or whatever it takes. That's where I'm off to myself because even after such awful news I still want to live and still want every chance life can offer me. I want to love others even at the risk of further pain of losing them should they die before me. For even the remotest glimpse of happiness I'll take the meds and go along with the medics. I hope you and everyone here will always choose the same.

My Blogsites:

Vampyros

Posted Wed Mar 30th, 2011 9:45am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Well said wilde women, lets hope we can come up with some kind of fitting tribute as a group although as you said the thing she would want most is for us to continue the fight, keep supporting each other and BE WELL.

As with KS I can be my own worst enemy but this has made me stronger as I am determined to make her proud of me.

Love you KS, I know you are still with me everytime I use a comma instead of a semi colon lol

Vx

The Katy Sara Culling Tribute is ready in e-Book form http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2326 Charity/Bipolar

MrCartoonguy

Posted Wed Mar 30th, 2011 5:07pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Wilde Woman that was perfect.

Vampyros

Posted Thu Mar 31st, 2011 5:11am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

She knows her stuff does our Wilde Woman lol

Vx

Wilde Woman

Posted Thu Mar 31st, 2011 10:17am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Couple of thoughts... Perhaps people would like to write a poem (they don't need to rhyme) for Katy-Sara. Perhaps if there are enough of them a book could be produced via her publisher... I think she'd like that and I think it a fitting and positive memorial to her. She loved writing and was passionate about people expressing themselves. Poems can help let out the pain, and (don't forget) help to express our hopes, dreams and aspirations too.

Poems could be about how you miss any loved one as well as KS. They can also be about what future they or you would dream of. She highlighted to me once how important it is to dream to have them to provide hope at the worst of times. She knew too how, when we're experiencing lows, we are not ourselves, we are at our worst, do ourselves injustice and feel the same about the rest of the world too. She knew that was only a part of who anyone is though, because there are ups too, there are times too when we are at our best, when we do believe in our own capabilities and in positive possibilities. We are never all one or the other but the combination of the two and a million other moods and states of mind in between.

Loss usually hits us in waves, it sneaks up on us; let the feelings out as they fall, but then don't dwell. Let them run their course and once the tears have fallen let life in again. That's I manage things with the assistance of the medics and the medication for those times when I know I am at risk. That way I can be well and stay well.

Take care all. Hugs.

My Blogsites:

MrCartoonguy

Posted Fri Apr 1st, 2011 8:15am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

She made me smile with her perfectly timed words,
Sharp, dry and strong.
She gave me clarity while I was feeling at my worst,
Softly, smoothly and gently.
She gave me confidence and supported me as I started to develop my art,
Praise, interest and honesty.
She was atheist, humanist, and a pleasure to talk to as she would listen and give valuable thoughts.
Unbiased, reasonable and real.

I am very pleased that at some point we managed to exchange happiness and work together to positive avail before the dark times which I knew nothing about.
Still at odds with your passing, I cannot write this properly.

Goodbye my friend

Vampyros

Posted Fri Apr 1st, 2011 10:15am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Well said MrCartoonguy
Vx

Vampyros

Posted Sat Apr 2nd, 2011 12:59pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Have converted the poem I wrote into a video dedicated to KS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yggplb9EV0E

Still does not seem enough but its from the heart, the photos are my own apart from KS's bio pic.

Vx