Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

cashew

Posted Sat Jul 30th, 2011 1:16pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Katy-Sara was clever and talented, seemed kind and was well-loved and respected. If she didn't think she was worth it, what on earth does a useless lump like me have to stick around for?

MrCartoonguy

Posted Sat Jul 30th, 2011 6:36pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

That question is wrong. Katy was unwell and her moods made her very ill. She fought the monster and beat it many times. There are many people both intelligent, gifted as well as simple and untalented who have survived bipolar and also people who have lost to it.
I do not think you should think this way as it encourages the negativity in you. We never know what we have to stick around for do we? Life does not presented all its secrets to you in one go. Great things come as well as bad things. Be strong and please be mindful of your negative thoughts.

Reality is contigent; the only permanent concept in the multiverse is change - death. We are born into it and it follows us.

michael

Posted Mon Aug 1st, 2011 12:48am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Hi Cashew,

I personally know that Katy believed that IF this ever happened, that it would be the illness that killed her...that I and others should get mad at the disease...not at ourselves. She had told me this many times. I hope that, and what Mr Cartoonguy has said, makes sense.

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

Katymum

Posted Mon Aug 1st, 2011 10:44am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Michael is absolutely right.

marzgirl

Posted Sat Aug 27th, 2011 3:41am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Hi all! For those that know me/remember me, sorry I have been away for a while. I missed you all. To any newbies, hello and welcome!

After the initial schock then grief then the overwhelming feeling I needed to do something, anything to help mental health organisations I ended up shutting down.

My son is 13 and was diagnosed bipolar at age 9. I have ADHD inattentive type and depression. The depression hit hard the more I thought about Katy and worried more about my son's future. I have always been a "what if..." type person anyway and things have really been a struggle. Being a carer is always a struggle anyway but when I am not well I don't think I do a very good job of hiding it. Kids are smart and perceptive.

Anyway, I hope to start checking in more often.

Cashew, I echo the last three replies. The only thing I can think to add is, I have often wondered why such bad things happen on a global scale. And then for myself I wonder why I usually feel generally indifferent. The best answer I have come up with for myself anyway, is that I really appreciate the good more than I used to before all this neurological static cling entered my life. I have not been to a beach in at least 15 years. Two months ago my brother got married on the beach! I was over the moon! I savored every minute! The sounds, the walking on the sand, the ocean breeze in my hair...........Seize the good and know there will be more. Perhaps not tomorrow, next week, next month.....but there will be more.

Sorry, that ended up being lengthier than I intended. Happens quite often and Katy used to tease me about it.

Cheers!!! XXXX

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

michael

Posted Sat Aug 27th, 2011 7:36pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

hi Marz, nice to see you!

and ya... beaches... good place.

hugs!

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

Vampyros

Posted Sun Aug 28th, 2011 3:41pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Nice to see you all again. The first draft of the tribute book got rave reviews. Draft 2 out to selected proof readers TODAY!!

thanks again to all who contributed/offered support esp those here on the forum.

Vx

The Katy Sara Culling Tribute is ready in e-Book form http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2326 Charity/Bipolar

Broud

Posted Mon Aug 29th, 2011 1:07am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I've known KSC since 1998 and only found out recently she was lost to me forever - at least in this life.

Bipolar is a bit of a bitch to live with. But remember

Certain defects are necessary for the existence of individuality.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I came on here hoping to see a shadow of KSC - bit amazed to see 6 pages of heart felt eulogy. Mind you, I always was the stupidity to her brilliance..

Existence precedes and rules essence.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Go for it Katy - enjoy Russia.

romanee

Posted Sun Sep 18th, 2011 6:29pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I wish I could have known Katy Sara, she seemed like such an amazing person, but I am glad to be apart of the book, and there will be something to keep her memory alive, I just wish I could have known her.

Vampyros

Posted Sun Sep 25th, 2011 8:26pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I am glad you are part of it too, your writing is amazing. You are very talented.

Vx

The Katy Sara Culling Tribute is ready in e-Book form http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2326 Charity/Bipolar

romanee

Posted Sun Sep 25th, 2011 11:44pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Thankyou, I wouldn't go that far, but I'm trying to progress. I'm very good spirits my life is getting slightly more on track. I have got a part time job, taken up creative writing lessons, and am in the process with help from my occupational therapist of applying for uni to do and English, and philosophy degree, it's all very jam packed, and exciting at the moment. By far the most exciting thing is being part of this book, I am getting every friend, and family member to buy a copy. I want to make as much money for charity as we can I know it's what Katy-Sara would have wanted, and I'm determined to make it happen. I received your email today, I'm glad more are contributing. I hope all is well with you, xx

Benjamin

Posted Mon Dec 19th, 2011 1:32pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

My word, I had no idea; I've been away from the forums for a very long time, and return to find that her funeral has already taken place. My condolences to her family and friends, and to those of you who knew her well and considered her likewise. She seemed like a very caring woman, one of the strongest and best of us. I suppose one never knows who'll win the fight in the end; I only hope that her memory inspires encouragement and positivity in the face of our demons and darknesses. I am sure that it will.

I'm a histrionic, holistic, herculean halibut.

CLICK TO SEE MY BRAINS.

marzgirl

Posted Thu Dec 29th, 2011 2:17am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I miss our Katy everyday but even more so as of late. If I am selfish for saying so then so be it, but I could really use Katy's wisdom and shoulder right now.

Marz
XXX

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

Katymum

Posted Thu Dec 29th, 2011 11:49am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

You are not selfish...Katy would have told you to not get mad at yourself but get as mad as you like at the disease that causes so much pain and grief. Talk to her, I do and she still helps me. xxxSue

marzgirl

Posted Fri Dec 30th, 2011 9:31am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I have been talking to her and feel kind of silly about it. Just finished season 6 of a show that we liked. I caught myself talking to Katy about scenes or an episode like she was watching with me. Lovely to think that she was and perhaps so.

Thank you Sue. XXXXX

~Martin Luther King Jr.~