Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Andrew Sampson

Administrator

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 3:57pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Stephen and I were very sad to hear this news late last night.

Katy-Sara was a committed forum moderator. From the beginning of her role, she performed her role passionately.

She also assisted us in the transition from the old system to this new forum and was tireless and uncomplaining at all times.

Her character set a tone for the forum that we admired, sometimes from afar but never so far away as to not notice.

She will be greatly missed by all of us that had the pleasure of working with her.

Our condolences to her family and friends.

Stephen Fry and Andrew Sampson

Soph

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 4:11pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Oh :'(

xxxx

Photobucket

Nitro

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 4:53pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

This is stunning.

My condolences to her family suffering this great loss to themselves and to all of you that she meant so much to regarding, in particular, writing efforts and BPD. I know the loss will be felt for quite some time. I am fairly certain that while she would understand your grief, she would not wish you to be miserable.

I sincerely hope that the immense efforts and support that Katy gave to this site will result in her being memorialized on it by the man it was built for and dedicated to, and that *she* was so dedicated to. I would think all of her efforts would deserve, at least, that.

For my part, I enjoyed the little conversations Katy and I occasionally had via PM. She struck me as intelligent and funny and her support for those with BPD was and is something I admire.

Peace, Katy.

Really? Wow.

michael

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 5:06pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

i really feel too upset and angry to post anything, but am trying, in hopes it will make me feel better.

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

michael

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 5:09pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Fryphile said:
fuck

yeah. that's been how i feel too.

*hug*

ad_astra

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 5:29pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I don't really know what to say...
May Katy-Sara rest in peace.

ladyfromhamburg

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 5:46pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I'm deeply saddened and feel so sorry, for her and for her family, friends and all people who knew or ever met her.
Often I went to the Bipolar Disorder section and read some of the threads there. I admired how she tried to help other persons concerned. In a kind, calm and realistic manner. When I met her in a pub in Oxford, just some minutes before we had to leave for the event in the New Theatre, she was kind and friendy too, although it seemed to me that at the same time she only wanted to seclude herself from the crowd.
It makes we rather sad to hear about her death. She will be missed by many, many people. May she rest in peace.

michael

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 5:58pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Random things about Katy Sara

Katy was one of the first people i met on this forum...about 4 years ago..

I would get up at 4am to go to work and sometimes have a message from her. For quite awhile, we had ongoing facebook conversations, talked daily. she'd say "you need to go to bed!" and i'd say "no hon, i'm going to work!"

She often disappeared when ill, saying later that she wouldn't want to talk to me because i had my own mental illness i was dealing with. This often made me feel sad and guilty, but it was just her nature to always be a doctor.

i sent her cd's in the mail, and this fluffy purple pillow with a speaker in it so she could listen to music to go to sleep. she loved purple!

she REALLY loved purple.

she also really loved greenday.

and the derby rams.

these are the things i really remember about her... not the disorder, but the person she was when it wasn't pulling her down.

tito

Member *

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 6:05pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

michael said:

these are the things i really remember about her... not the disorder, but the person she was when it wasn't pulling her down.

Me too. Well said Michael xx

michael

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 6:39pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

i remember also...

many times early on, I and a member named Red Raven, would start getting like giggly schoolgirls, or quickly make 20 posts on one thread...to be followed up by a post from Katy that was purely this:

" "

michael

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 6:50pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

yeah Tito, I'm just throwing these memories out there. not sure why.

ginj

Member *

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 7:16pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I agree with you Nitro.

Thank you, Micheal for sharing your memories of KatySara with us. I hope more people will do that. It's a nice way to celebrate what a lovely lady she was. x

Midsomerlover

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 7:19pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Oh dear, how very sad I am to read this. Michael, your post is absolutely wonderful - I didn't know her but you gave me an image of her in those few paragraphs. My thoughts are with the family now.

Rest in peace, Katy-Sara. You will always be fondly remembered by those who knew you.

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

AbFabGeorgia

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 8:04pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Oh NO!!!!! Katy Sara, BELOVED FRIEND, how painful to hear this terrible news!!! I can't believe I won't see her emails in my inbox anymore.... I won't talk and laugh with her anymore... Who will show me Oxford now, when I visit England? What a special, wonderful, kind, sweet, loving girl left this world?! I miss her terribly, I ache in my heart for her loss, I will never forget my dearest Katy Sara!!! What devastating news!!!!!!!! Her dear family will be in our thoughts and prayers!!! Forever your friend - Georgia! John 5:28,29 ; Rev. 21:3,4

Midsomerlover

Posted Fri Mar 25th, 2011 9:31pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

It just struck me after seeing her avatar that I actually did met her at Oxford too, though very briefly. From what I could gather she was a very nice person who immediately made contact with fellow Fryfans.

@midsomerlover on Twitter.