Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

UnsettlingLife

Posted Mon Mar 28th, 2011 10:45am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I wasn't aware there were two threads for Katy-Sara. I had posted a message on the other one and was very surprised that so few people had left messages on it. Having found this one, I now know why.

I read Dark Clouds Gather some time ago and was amazed at the strength and determination Katy showed in handling her day to day life on top of all her health problems, not to mention attending medical school! With all that was going on she still found time for others. I never met her in person but exchanged many private messages both on this site and on Twitter. Below is the last message she sent to me after I'd found out she was in hospital and stupidly said "I hope things are not too bad". To which she replied:

"@BayTheMoon things are pretty bad or I wouldn't be in here. Been a few weeks now. It's a really nice NHS place though. Thank you hon.
K xx 20 Mar"

All I can think of to say now is, it simply isn't fair.
David Thomas

elTweeno

Posted Mon Mar 28th, 2011 4:13pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I just suggested this on the same announcement in the SLOTMD forum, but I hadn't spotted all the responses here so please forgive the double-post from there!:

"Just a thought as I pass again - there are some lovely sentiments in this thread, & I think we all loved and will miss KS.

Is there some way to collect the above thoughts together & send them to Katy-Sara's family? I know that if someone I loved had just died, I'd be comforted to know that person had done so much good in their life and helped so many people. I'm not sure why, it just feels right.

Maybe this is how we can use our skills developed through the Stephen Projects?"

eT

I'm also on Twitter: elTweeno (of course!)

whattocallmyself

Posted Mon Mar 28th, 2011 5:44pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Its been a long time since I've talked to Katy-Sara, but everything she ever said to me was full of true concern and love in spite of her own troubles.
Bless you girl.
Will miss you very much.

Onwards and Upwards!

Clare30

Posted Mon Mar 28th, 2011 6:42pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I have already passed on a couple of things to Paul and Sue, Katy's parents, so they could see how Katy had touched people's lives. I sense at the moment they need a little time and space to come to terms with their loss. But if it would help any of you guys on the forum who formed such a loving community around Katy, I would be happy to pass on anything you put together, so they have something to remember in years to come? In that way, they can read and digest things when they are ready.

Clare

Steerpike

Posted Mon Mar 28th, 2011 7:22pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Love you, K.

'a'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2oTmdZ-Q7g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLs-JP5FGAg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLhculGmGn0

Edit: See - I can't even post links properly without you

elTweeno

Posted Mon Mar 28th, 2011 8:38pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Clare30 said:
I have already passed on a couple of things to Paul and Sue, Katy's parents, so they could see how Katy had touched people's lives. I sense at the moment they need a little time and space to come to terms with their loss. But if it would help any of you guys on the forum who formed such a loving community around Katy, I would be happy to pass on anything you put together, so they have something to remember in years to come? In that way, they can read and digest things when they are ready.

Clare

If people want, I'm happy to compile something - but like you said, not yet. I was thinking more of in a couple of weeks' time, after the initial grieving process...doing something now would seem strangely intrusive, but they should at least see the 4 pages (and counting) of heartfelt messages from across the globe.

Anything that major would take a little while to compile, so we're not talking immediate action in any case. See what people think, and if there's enough agreement I'll think of something.

eT

I'm also on Twitter: elTweeno (of course!)

Steerpike

Posted Mon Mar 28th, 2011 9:39pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I'm sure Paul will find this thread if, as and when he and Sue are ready and want to look for it.

UnsettlingLife

Posted Tue Mar 29th, 2011 8:46am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I tend to agree with Steerpike. This thread will always be there, just let Paul and Sue know where to look. Because many people right now may be too upset to post anything, but later they will be able to do so. That way, there is no danger of putting together something which is not fully representative of how people feel about Katy.

cashew

Posted Wed Mar 30th, 2011 11:58am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I've been lurking for quite a while. I'm very upset to hear this news. My condolences to Katy-Sara's family. Her work here did have an impact on people like me who never actually posted and she will be missed.

BethRichmond

Posted Wed Mar 30th, 2011 1:09pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Hi Everyone,

I'm Beth, Katy Sara's sister. I can't thank you enough for the lovely words that you have all been writing about my amazing sister. I know that my parents have been on here and read what people have been saying and it does help. It's incredible how many lifes she touched.

Katy was the kindest person, and she was so many other things and it's not physically possible to list all of them here. She was strong and talented and the best sister that anyone could have ever asked for.

She battled for such a long time. She was always there for so many people and helped some in small ways and others in huge ways.

Someone recently said to me how much that Katy had helped them and said "I just wish that she like me she'd had a Katy Sara to help."

I just think how true that is...

Lots of love to you all and Love you forever my darling sister.

xxxx

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sun Apr 3rd, 2011 11:27am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I haven´t been on the forum for a while and am shocked to read of Katy Sara´s passing away. She will be sorely missed. My heart and thoughts go out to her family.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

nanny rabbits

Posted Sun Jan 22nd, 2012 1:17am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

i am in tears
i only yesterday discoverd this forum and read several of Katy-Sara's posts without then knowing that she was no longer with us (in the physical sense at least) and was filled with admiration for this giving and light-filled person. i am so sorry that those that loved and knew her have lost such a wonderful being. i feel somewhat befeft myself though i've only known her (through the words she left here) for less than 24 hours. it is extaordinary that she has helped me through a very tough 24 hours even after her death. how utterly amazing she is! may her beautiful soul rest in peace.

a little old granny who rescues bunnies

michael

Posted Wed Jan 25th, 2012 2:24am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Hi Nanny Rabbits,

she'd feel very good to know she helped you out. it's what she loved to do. i wish she was still here and i've been missing her a lot lately. it's nice to read that somehow folks are still getting to know her. thanks so much for your post.

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

nanny rabbits

Posted Thu Jan 26th, 2012 10:12pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

i can understand your missing her michael, she sounds very special and i feel those of you that knew her were blessed. i think that keeping her posts here was a lovely idea too because it means she continues to shine (that crazy diamond) and help others, as would have been her wish.

thank you for you kind reply

i hope you are well x

a little old granny who rescues bunnies

Vinchy

Posted Fri Jun 1st, 2012 11:18pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Very often a person, who helps us, needs help lot more. And sometimes we understand it too late