Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ScarletCorvus

Posted Tue Oct 23rd, 2012 1:41am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I just stumbled upon this and it took my breath away. I cried and now I'm ready to give my piece.

I joined this forum years ago under a different name(I have a new acct because I forgot my password and no longer use the email I registered under then) when I was going through a very difficult time in my life. I wasn't sure what was wrong, but I knew it wasn't right. I was diagnosed BP but I felt that I wasn't and since then I've found that I am not, I was just going through a severe depression. Katy-Sara was there and helped me like so many others. She was absolutely precious. She was not only here for me on the forums but also through IM and even over the phone. I tried to be there for her as well but she was so much better at it than I was. She was gentle and sweet and compassionate. We laughed and cried and laughed some more. She was also very talented and I looked forward to reading any snippet I could talk her into sharing.

I am so sad to hear that she is no longer with us. She was such an amazing person.

ScarletCorvus

Posted Tue Oct 23rd, 2012 1:48am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

michael said:
i remember also...

many times early on, I and a member named Red Raven, would start getting like giggly schoolgirls, or quickly make 20 posts on one thread...to be followed up by a post from Katy that was purely this:

" "

This made me cry all over again. Hello Michael, I've missed you. I remember her smiley too. She was like a loving mom figure when she did that. Just appreciating our silly happiness. omg this has got the tears flowing.

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue Oct 23rd, 2012 2:54am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

To absent friends and returned ones.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

michael

Posted Thu Nov 29th, 2012 2:30am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

ScarletCorvus said:
This made me cry all over again. Hello Michael, I've missed you. I remember her smiley too. She was like a loving mom figure when she did that. Just appreciating our silly happiness. omg this has got the tears flowing.

Hello!

well if it makes you feel any better it always makes me feel better that someone else knows what I am feeling and feels it too... if that makes any sense. losing an online friend is so strange; i never could feel like i'd ever really grieved about it the way i normally would, you know?

much love!

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Aug 29th, 2013 2:18pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

I'm shocked to hear this news and so late on. I didn't know Katy Sara well but I certainly remember her on the forum and how helpful she was to members needing advice on bi-polar disorder. She clearly touched many people's lives here and elsewhere. My condolences to her family and friends and may Katy Sara rest in peace.

Assuming direct control...

Katymum

Posted Thu Oct 17th, 2013 5:00pm Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

The tribute book for Katy will shortly be available. Thank you to everyone who was so kind to Katy Sara. She certainly was a brilliant daughter in every way and we still miss her dreadfully. The pain of her loss won't ever leave us or many of you either. Love Sue x

Katymum

Posted Thu Dec 5th, 2013 12:48am Post subject: Katy-Sara Culling

Thank you Mr Fry for tweeting about "Purple Girl" and for contributing to the tributes to our amazing daughter, Katy Sara. Sue x