Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

gjhsu

Posted Tue May 12th, 2009 5:36pm Post subject: Kingdom available on R1 DVD
For those interested, THEY (I don't know who "they" actually are) have released Kingdom in Region 1 DVD for the North American market. Available today.

I think I'll swing by the shops to see if anyone has it. If not, Amazon.

ginj

Member *

Posted Tue May 12th, 2009 6:15pm Post subject: Kingdom available on R1 DVD
Thanks ghsu. I have actually ordered my copy off eBay ($30.98) rather than chancing paying full price at the stores. It is supposed to ship out today. I plan on watching it this weekend.

gjhsu

Posted Tue May 12th, 2009 10:21pm Post subject: Kingdom available on R1 DVD
I think I found the only copy in Austin at the Barnes and Noble Arboretum, and with my discount card, I got it for $37 after tax.

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed May 13th, 2009 8:19am Post subject: Kingdom available on R1 DVD
I just watched season 1 on hulu.com. OMG such a good show...better than I thought it would be to be honest. Guess I'm used to a lot of horrid lawyer dramas over here. Certainly breaks the mold.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

TheWestWing11

Posted Wed May 13th, 2009 10:21pm Post subject: Kingdom available on R1 DVD
Kingdom region 1 release is actually series 2. i bought it from amazon.com and it made no note of this. had i known i would've bought it from amazon.co.uk where i could've gotten series 1 & 2 together. i've contacted the company that put out the dvd but have yet to have a response. i just wanted to let people know this so they don't make the same mistake i did...

ginj

Member *

Posted Wed May 13th, 2009 10:35pm Post subject: Kingdom available on R1 DVD
Thanks WestWing11, you are right I was not aware that I was buying Season 2, I thought since it didn't indicate which season that I was buying the first . Oh well, not a huge problem, as I would have wanted it any way. I just think it is odd, as I am unaware of Season One ever being available in Region 1 format, that they would start with the second season.

gjhsu

Posted Wed May 13th, 2009 11:44pm Post subject: Kingdom available on R1 DVD
Thanks WestWing11, you are right I was not aware that I was buying Season 2, I thought since it didn't indicate which season that I was buying the first . Oh well, not a huge problem, as I would have wanted it any way. I just think it is odd, as I am unaware of Season One ever being available in Region 1 format, that they would start with the second season.

Yeah, it is quite odd. I noticed on the package last night when I opened it that it said "Series 2." Heigh ho, I would have wanted it anyway, but very peculiar that they would start with S2, heh.

dulieGirl

Posted Thu May 14th, 2009 12:35am Post subject: Kingdom available on R1 DVD
I just watched season 1 on hulu.com. OMG such a good show...better than I thought it would be to be honest. Guess I'm used to a lot of horrid lawyer dramas over here. Certainly breaks the mold.

They have Kingdom on Hulu? Crazy! Gonna have to rewatch the season then since I've only seen it on YouTube.

I did see that you can now rent Kingdom S2 on Netflix, but S1 is not available.

Midsomerlover

Posted Thu May 14th, 2009 1:41pm Post subject: Kingdom available on R1 DVD

We had the same issue over here in Belgium. Series 2 has been released for over half a year now and still no sign of Series 1. Weird.

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

ginj

Member *

Posted Thu May 14th, 2009 2:03pm Post subject: Kingdom available on R1 DVD

We had the same issue over here in Belgium. Series 2 has been released for over half a year now and still no sign of Series 1. Weird.
Hm, interesting. I just popped back on here to ask if writing to ITV would get them to release Series 1. But I guess not, if they have done this before. It just seems odd. Maybe if Series 1 does well on Hulu they will release it. Love_Kingdom, Kingdom is shown on your mainstream television stations where you are, right? So ITV already knows they have an audience over there. I don't understand what they are doing. *shrug*

Midsomerlover

Posted Thu May 14th, 2009 6:56pm Post subject: Kingdom available on R1 DVD

Hm, interesting. I just popped back on here to ask if writing to ITV would get them to release Series 1. But I guess not, if they have done this before. It just seems odd. Maybe if Series 1 does well on Hulu they will release it. Love_Kingdom, Kingdom is shown on your mainstream television stations where you are, right? So ITV already knows they have an audience over there. I don't understand what they are doing. *shrug*

Yes it is aired on a mainstream channel here, and ITV certainly knows it has an audience here too. But it is, I believe, Portman Films who export Kingdom to other countries (we can try and tweet Stephen about this too) so I think it depends on them. Not sure though.

ginj

Member *

Posted Thu May 14th, 2009 7:50pm Post subject: Kingdom available on R1 DVD
Yes it is aired on a mainstream channel here, and ITV certainly knows it has an audience here too. But it is, I believe, Portman Films who export Kingdom to other countries (we can try and tweet Stephen about this too) so I think it depends on them. Not sure though.
Ah, thank you for the information on Portman Films. I just looked them up and they do have a website. I will check my copy when it arrives (it looks like that may be today, yay), to make sure they are the ones who also distribute here. If so, may send them an e-mail asking them to consider releasing Series One in Region 1 (for all the good it will do X-D ). I love Stephen dearly, but I think he has other people to take care of this kind of thing for him. Not that he wouldn't pass the tweet on to the appropriate people.

Midsomerlover

Posted Thu May 14th, 2009 7:52pm Post subject: Kingdom available on R1 DVD
Ah, thank you for the information on Portman Films. I just looked them up and they do have a website. I will check my copy when it arrives (it looks like that may be today, yay), to make sure they are the ones who also distribute here. If so, may send them an e-mail asking them to consider releasing Series One in Region 1 (for all the good it will do X-D ). I love Stephen dearly, but I think he has other people to take care of this kind of thing for him. Not that he wouldn't pass the tweet on to the appropriate people.

Well Sprout Pictures is his company so he would certainly try and force it but yes, it isn't really one of his worries.

ginj

Member *

Posted Thu May 14th, 2009 7:57pm Post subject: Kingdom available on R1 DVD
Well Sprout Pictures is his company so he would certainly try and force it but yes, it isn't really one of his worries.

Oh, see that? I did not know that. That is why I love this site.