Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

annabella

Posted Sun Jan 1st, 2012 12:08pm Post subject: Kingdom brought a candle to human decency - now what hope does humanity have

Yes, that's right, I'm talking to you MR.Steven Fry & any fellow lovers of Kingdom,

To some, Kingdom was a form of escapism, for others it was a mere refreshment but personally, it was my idealism. When you look around at the world do you boast it's splendors or perceive the gulf between the classes, does one look upon the wrong side of the storm? Kingdom was not a reflection of Norfolk life but a veil, underneath was a pining for human decency, blatantly, acceptance. It expelled the crudeness of modern television from it's screen's and cultivated this sense of placid acceptance before succumbing to ITV's slaughter. Well I say that's not good enough. Everyone was wrapped up in a jovial town where everyone knew everything about everybody, yet it revolved around this Mr. Peter Kingdom, before realism executed it's existence and we faced up to the real definition of this world. Well I say, that if Kingdom with all it's priceless values can't survive, what hope do we have of achieving acceptance and equity in this world? Don't ruin our hopes Mr. Steven Fry, please, let Kingdom breathe again, because we're not the only ones who strain to see a blossoming flame of reality in Kingdom, it may be without your admittance but I prevail to presume that you wished and always will for a world like Kingdom too.

Yours humbly,
Annabella

PatrickG

Posted Mon Mar 19th, 2012 8:27pm Post subject: Kingdom brought a candle to human decency - now what hope does humanity have

My wife and I just recently worked through the whole Kingdom set via streaming Netflix. Needless to say we were MOST upset that the series ended with one rather left hanging. I HATE that when programs do that, end on a teaser with an expectation of a next series and then, nothing. It's like reading through the first five chapters of a six chapter book and then they've up and ripped out the last chapter!

So, thanks for letting me ventilate a bit - but my larger question is has anyone done any fan fiction or knows where one might write the production powers that be to suggest at least the decency of a two-hour movie to bring some sort of closure?! Mr. Fry seemed so natural in the role and the supporting cast all did well to lend great authenticity to the whole show!

Thanks in advance.

joannausa

Posted Fri Apr 6th, 2012 9:40am Post subject: Kingdom brought a candle to human decency - now what hope does humanity have

I would like to add my support to the pleas to ITV to bring back Kingdom. It was a breath of fresh air and a much welcome departure from all the "depressing murder in dark, rainy back alley" police shows series, and dare I say it, those abominable reality shows that dominate TV these days.

Come on ITV, give us back Kingdom with its quality acting, gorgeous scenery, and great stories. Without this type of uplifting television there will be nothing for it but to unplug the TV and lose myself in a good book.

desibec

Posted Wed Apr 25th, 2012 4:45pm Post subject: Kingdom brought a candle to human decency - now what hope does humanity have

We truly loved this series and were sad to see it end, but suppose all good things must come to an end before they get stale. It was a great run and wish there could be more. Loved Hermione Norris and everyone in the cast. It is good programming that is missed.

Rebecca