Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

WhyGenTom

Posted Thu Apr 17th, 2008 6:10am Post subject: Kingdom Series 2 on DVD...
I know the Telegraph released the second series on DVD. Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

Just read this...

'News: The second season of 'Kingdom', starring Stephen Fry and Tony Slattery, has just finished screening on ITV. The first series is available on DVD and we anticipate the second series will be released on DVD later this year.'

... on Tony Slattery's official website. So I guess it's further substance to the hope that it will be officially released on DVD soon enough

- Tom

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Apr 17th, 2008 4:06pm Post subject: Kingdom Series 2 on DVD...
It says that too on Wikipedia so I've been keeping fingers crossed. More hope WGT.

Assuming direct control...

nongenderous

Posted Mon May 12th, 2008 2:02pm Post subject: Kingdom Series 2 on DVD...
I'm so tired of waiting. Why can't ITV release series 2 on dvd now?

DJB

Posted Sat May 17th, 2008 2:10am Post subject: Kingdom Series 2 on DVD...
I'd just be happy to find any season available in the US! This recording it off of public television is for the birds.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu May 29th, 2008 11:57am Post subject: Kingdom Series 2 on DVD...
I'm so tired of waiting. Why can't ITV release series 2 on dvd now?

I know they're taking their time with it aren't they? They rushed series 1 out after the series finished airing but with series 2 there's still no news of a release date.

DJB

Posted Thu May 29th, 2008 3:03pm Post subject: Kingdom Series 2 on DVD...
Are there ANY seasons of Kingdom available in the US format? I don't want to order the UK format because then my computer is pretty much dedicated to watching only that format. Why the computer companies feel it necessary to only give us five chances to change format is beyond me. But I would love to get any season that might be available.

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu May 29th, 2008 3:24pm Post subject: Kingdom Series 2 on DVD...
ok i know very little about kingdom but i feckin' love Tony Slattery.

Must see this programme!

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

CathySD

Posted Sun Jul 6th, 2008 7:14am Post subject: Kingdom Series 2 on DVD...
I got a more complete response from ITV:

Thank you for your email regarding the above. Unfortunately we did not produce this for DVD as we did not have the rights to do so. We believe (according to Amazon.co.uk) that 2 Entertain hold the rights to this series therefore you may like to contact them at the following:-
2 entertain
33 Foley Street
LONDON
W1W 7TL
Tel: 020 7612 3000
Once again many thanks for taking the trouble to contact ITV and hope you continue to watch and enjoy many of our programmes.

So I then emailed 2 entertain and here is that response:
Thank you for contacting us here at 2 entertain about the availability of the above title. We are assessing the viability of releasing this title on DVD but as yet cannot confirm when it will definitely be published but it is on our ongoing schedule at the moment. Please check the BBC Shop throughout the year for further updates. We are constantly updating our catalogue of titles and really appreciate all of the feedback we receive from the viewing public.
DVD Enquiry Phone Line 020 7612 3120
E-mail: DVDenquiry@2entertain.co.uk

Reading these boards might help them "assess the viability".

PS: I'm a lurker, and only logged in to post this. Even so, the site is great and I do visit often.

IdeaCollector

Posted Sun Jul 6th, 2008 9:57pm Post subject: Kingdom Series 2 on DVD...
i need to see this show! i love tony slattery!

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Russell

Posted Wed Jul 9th, 2008 7:40pm Post subject: Kingdom Series 2 on DVD...
You will indeed enjoy the show.

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Jul 9th, 2008 10:15pm Post subject: Kingdom Series 2 on DVD...
excellent b/c i'm so excited about it i apparently posted twice in this topic without recalling.

gosh.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Jul 12th, 2008 9:00pm Post subject: Kingdom Series 2 on DVD...
Aww so it's just being considered for viability?

Midsomerlover

Posted Sat Aug 9th, 2008 5:45pm Post subject: Kingdom Series 2 on DVD...
It's really taking them a long time to release Series Two! Come to think of it, Series One was released on DVD the day after broadcast of Ep. 6!!!!

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

nongenderous

Posted Sat Aug 9th, 2008 7:32pm Post subject: Kingdom Series 2 on DVD...
This is really annoying. Why can't they just the release the goddamn dvd?

Midsomerlover

Posted Mon Sep 15th, 2008 10:54am Post subject: Kingdom Series 2 on DVD...
Series 2 will be released in Belgium on DVD from the 6th of November 2008. I don't know if the UK will do it earlier, but it's a good alternative for those who'd like to own it. The only problem I'm afraid is that you'll have to import it, and once these Ebay/Amazon sellers get knowledge of the fact that it's hard to find in UK, they'll be raising their prices...

@midsomerlover on Twitter.