Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 11:35am Post subject: Know the answers to May 17th Daily Telegraph cryptic xword?
As I was in Warsaw yesterday I picked up a Daily Telegraph for the cryptic crossword. I need the answers to 10 across, 18 across, 19 down and 6 across. Please help!
Also the quick crossword, 24 across and 17 across.

Vespertine

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 11:38am Post subject: Know the answers to May 17th Daily Telegraph cryptic xword?
If you posted the actual clues then I might be able to help! I don't have the Daily Telegraph as I don't read tabloids.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 12:11pm Post subject: Know the answers to May 17th Daily Telegraph cryptic xword?
I would, but my computer is acting funny. I have to type y for z and z for y and speechmarks come out as a Polish ę or ą.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 7:55pm Post subject: Know the answers to May 17th Daily Telegraph cryptic xword?
cryptic

10 across - Fuss follows fellows following football (4) _A_F
18 across - Peter is not at risk (4) S_ _E
26 across - Song that told a story (4) L_ _ _
19 down - Fortress on secure headland (8) _ _S_ _ _ _S

Quick x-word

24 across - Full (7) P_E_A_ _

Britannicus

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 8:10pm Post subject: Know the answers to May 17th Daily Telegraph cryptic xword?
18 across looks like it could be "safe" and 24 across may be "plenary". 10 across and 19 down make my brain hurt and 26 across confuses me.

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 8:12pm Post subject: Know the answers to May 17th Daily Telegraph cryptic xword?
Yes I thought it was "safe" too but I don't know why. Explain "plenary" please.

Britannicus

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 8:13pm Post subject: Know the answers to May 17th Daily Telegraph cryptic xword?
Fullness or something of the sort.

"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 8:22pm Post subject: Know the answers to May 17th Daily Telegraph cryptic xword?
Do you have cryptic crosswords on the other side of the pond?

Britannicus

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 8:23pm Post subject: Know the answers to May 17th Daily Telegraph cryptic xword?
Probably, but I wouldn't know much about it.

Vespertine

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 11:45pm Post subject: Know the answers to May 17th Daily Telegraph cryptic xword?
cryptic

10 across - Fuss follows fellows following football (4) _A_F
18 across - Peter is not at risk (4) S_ _E
26 across - Song that told a story (4) L_ _ _
19 down - Fortress on secure headland (8) _ _S_ _ _ _S

Quick x-word

24 across - Full (7) P_E_A_ _

Cryptic
10 across - You lost me on that one!
18 across - either safe or sure
26 across - line (song and dance), lilt(song +dance), Lore(writing), I don't think any of these fit but they're all I can find.
19 down - fastness (meaning a secure place)

Quick x-word
24 across - Plenary??

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat May 19th, 2007 12:20pm Post subject: Know the answers to May 17th Daily Telegraph cryptic xword?
You could always ask a Telegraph reader to look up the solution!

Vespertine

Posted Mon May 21st, 2007 11:14pm Post subject: Know the answers to May 17th Daily Telegraph cryptic xword?
You could always ask a Telegraph reader to look up the solution!

I thought you were the one wanting them!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon May 21st, 2007 11:16pm Post subject: Know the answers to May 17th Daily Telegraph cryptic xword?
Yes, but I can only pick up a copy in a major Polish city. I happened to be in Warsaw so I bought a copy. The next day I was back in my home town with no access to the solution.

Vespertine

Posted Mon May 21st, 2007 11:29pm Post subject: Know the answers to May 17th Daily Telegraph cryptic xword?
Did any of the suggestions help?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon May 21st, 2007 11:35pm Post subject: Know the answers to May 17th Daily Telegraph cryptic xword?
Well, "plenary" was a revelation. Never heard of that one before and I was very grateful for it. The others...you see the problem with cryptic crosswords is that you may have an idea what the answer is, but you have to justify it to yourself 100%. Like "Peter is not at risk" = safe...yeah that makes sense of the 'not at risk' part, but how does Peter fit into it? Is there a Peter Safe who I've never heard of?