Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

gadgetgirl

Posted Thu Oct 30th, 2008 10:33pm Post subject: Last Chance to See website
Oh wow, I've just been listening to the original radio show with Douglas Adams and Mark Carwadine. It is so sad to hear the Hitchhikers Guide voice and know Douglas has gone, the Hitchhikers series is such a favourite of mine. Well worth a listen in any case.

That would be me.

fryfan20

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 5:40am Post subject: Last Chance to See website
oh I LOVE the gorilla's

I am what I am

wooden_elf

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 9:32pm Post subject: Last Chance to See website
Have you guys seen Mark's videos? They are amazing! I love the one where they find something out in the toilet and when Stephen rests in the hammock

leilah

Posted Thu Nov 20th, 2008 3:27am Post subject: Last Chance to See website
I have access to them in the U.S.

Great site overall...and very aesthetically pleasing.

I had access to them in Canada for the first batch of videos - up to the elephants. I no longer do. I just wish the BBC would decide who can watch things and then put the site up - their Torchwood site did the same thing. You could watch the extras for several weeks (but not the episodes), then the access changed. I could understand it better if there were, say, a north american site providing content - but there isn't.

(edit)

I can't get the radio episodes now, either.

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu Nov 20th, 2008 7:11am Post subject: Last Chance to See website
Yeah I no longer have access to them. I could tell people in the UK how to get them as .flv files so they could send them to me but I'd have to find someone willing to step up.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Nov 20th, 2008 9:05am Post subject: Last Chance to See website
Yeah I no longer have access to them. I could tell people in the UK how to get them as .flv files so they could send them to me but I'd have to find someone willing to step up.

How would you do it? I have Moyea flv downloader can you use that? I could sent them to you then.

Assuming direct control...

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Nov 20th, 2008 3:26pm Post subject: Last Chance to See website
Can't see the latest about Stephen's will. Amyl, I can has Stephen's will?

However, I did manage to snatch the others (by others I mean ones with Stephen in them) and they're upload. I can PM them to any unfortunate non-UKer.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

monochromeprincess

Posted Thu Nov 20th, 2008 10:24pm Post subject: Last Chance to See website
Aww, poor Fryphile. It was scary.

Is it just me commenting on these vids btw? X-D some of the videos are going entirely commentless, it's such a rarity. I saw fryfan made a few comments.

Who sent in a question? *grins*

@dreamingshadow

wooden_elf

Posted Thu Nov 20th, 2008 10:35pm Post subject: Last Chance to See website
*sobs* Is there anyone who can send me the last two videos from Stephen's blog???? *pleads*
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/lastchancetosee/stephen_fry/

Please.

IdeaCollector

Posted Fri Nov 21st, 2008 4:43am Post subject: Last Chance to See website

How would you do it? I have Moyea flv downloader can you use that? I could sent them to you then.

I use real player b/c it has an uploader that automatically uploads the file and all you have to do is load the video and click a little button.

But if you can get the .flv through whatever means...I can use it. Let me know.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

IdeaCollector

Posted Fri Nov 21st, 2008 4:49am Post subject: Last Chance to See website
Can't see the latest about Stephen's will. Amyl, I can has Stephen's will?

However, I did manage to snatch the others (by others I mean ones with Stephen in them) and they're upload. I can PM them to any unfortunate non-UKer.

Pass what you have to me por favor.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Nov 21st, 2008 2:58pm Post subject: Last Chance to See website
They're sent, ES! BTW, the last one I have is when they finally see the gorillas.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Soph

Posted Fri Nov 21st, 2008 3:16pm Post subject: Last Chance to See website
It's completely unfair how they've let you have a peek and then taken it away from you. I wish I could help, but I' haven't got a clue how to. :/

Photobucket

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Nov 21st, 2008 8:15pm Post subject: Last Chance to See website
I tried to use my FLV Downloader but it didn't work. The tick box didn't appear so it could be selected for download. The video just played. Sorry I failed.

Assuming direct control...

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Nov 21st, 2008 9:35pm Post subject: Last Chance to See website
I tried to use my FLV Downloader but it didn't work. The tick box didn't appear so it could be selected for download. The video just played. Sorry I failed.

Thanks for trying, amyl. I've noticed the download option only appears when I use Internet Explorer. It doesn't come up with Mozilla. If that helps. If not, no big deal. It's only Stephen after all *whatevs*