Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

benson

Posted Tue Jun 17th, 2008 7:31am Post subject: lately i feel all...
that is a really pretty banjo...
just one question: you would feel safe with bison circling round you?

Maxx England

Posted Tue Jun 17th, 2008 12:04pm Post subject: lately i feel all...
We've had Bad Uncles in our family, 3 of my cousins were abused by one and he spent time inside for it, another caused a family breakup and then he died. Lots of this stuff about, more than you'd think.

One of the problems about abusers (physical, emotional or sexual) is they leave the victim with no sense of self worth and that compounds the difficulty of breaking the cycle.

Banjo, I'd try to find an organisation that deals with victims of abuse and talk it through with them about the dirty old man. We all know where and what the limits are and he should be reminded about them. Perhaps he's got away with his behaviour with other people because they had no one to talk to. You don't have to suffer the same way.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

Occy

Posted Tue Jun 17th, 2008 1:14pm Post subject: lately i feel all...
me - I want a banjo...gimme!!

People suck - those related to you - those not - it's a matter of finding the diamond in the shit pile and what glitters is not always valuable commodity - or whatever X-D

someone get me a drink

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Jun 17th, 2008 4:14pm Post subject: lately i feel all...
that is a really pretty banjo...
just one question: you would feel safe with bison circling round you?

i would if i was a baby buffalo.
do y'all not have that saying? guess it's kinda local.
that's how they defend each other. babies and weak ones go in the middle and the older big ones circle around them with thier horns to the outside.

course if you already knew that i'm being a jackass. sorry! X-D

Maxx,
you are right, these things do happen a lot. how are your family members doing that had to deal with that? i have one relative who was violent, but stopped drinking and calmed down..another who was the same and died. but i was young, protected, and didn't suffer what the people close to them did.

and when i think about folks who have had so much more of this in thier lives, i feel like i'm being whiney or pathetic. cause i'm grown and don't have such a serious, bad experience that many other people do.

however, i should take your suggestion about talking to an organization or getting some tips about it. i've had so many people tell me that i act like someone who's been abused...even though to me i don't feel my experiences warrant it. you know what i mean?

Occy

how's this?

it matches the porch that your drink is on.

Maren

Posted Tue Jun 17th, 2008 5:15pm Post subject: lately i feel all...
banjo, sure enough you're not melodramatic, whiney or pathetic. Being touched is such an intimate thing and being touched without wanting it is always a horror - even though it's subjective where we fix the limit.
(I also don't like to be touched by everybody and I never understood this "peck-trend" everywhere ... )

Your story reminded me of my childhood. There was a man in the house where we lived who wanted every little girl in the neighbourhood to sit on his lap ("come to uncle XXX, come on my lap and I'll give you a candy ..." bahhhh....), especially in the summer when he hung around in the garden just dressed with trunks.
I was five or six years old and didn't really see what was going on, but I detested him very much. He could have promised me a dog (and I really wanted a dog!) - I never would have gone to him.
He asked me two or three times and I said: no, I don't want, and then fortunately he let me be.
Sleazy slimy lecher.
And that's what we should call them openly, whether they are our relatives or not.
Don't be afraid, be wroth, you CAN say "no" and "stop it" and show them what you think of them!

Loona

Posted Tue Jun 17th, 2008 5:46pm Post subject: lately i feel all...
Another bison joins the crowd.. Hi banjo!

I agree with Maren & the others above!! And it`s not a matter if you`re grown up or not, dealing with this behaviour can make anybody feeling unsure.
One of my friends here has a self-defense-group for girls & women, special courses for people who have been bullied or molested.
I wish you were here, i would make get you in for free & soon you`ll kick the ass of everyone wants to get near you but is not allowed to!!!

Can I get my banjo, now, please??

Occy

Posted Wed Jun 18th, 2008 7:50am Post subject: lately i feel all...
niiiice - but whats with the ghost in the bottom right hand corner?

I want one with wolves on it!!

Desdemona

Posted Wed Jun 18th, 2008 8:51am Post subject: lately i feel all...
Can i have a Banjo too please? They look so cool.

Your definatly not over reacting, unwanted touch is not very nice at the best of times. You have the right to react like that.

I hope your nightmares are gone.

Skip Life and come with me?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Jun 18th, 2008 9:22am Post subject: lately i feel all...
MAREN: you're right, everyone has different limits of what is okay. and i guess that should be respected even if mine are for less touching than some others'.

your neighbor sounds strange and creepy! good thing you didn't hang around him.

MAXX thanks again for the suggestion. while looking around for organizations, i found a site about harassment by therapists. it's very helpful too.i can't believe what some people have had to go through. i learned that, not only did she make me uncomfortable...also many other things she did are considered serious warning signs. so while i had a hard time being without any help, i see now that it was good for me to be away from there...and my discomfort was not just in my head.

LOONA: that would be a good idea, the class! i took capoeira for awhile. it did help me be confident...what i do remember won't help with self defense! ...unless i can knock a mugger unconcious with a cartwheel...

okay, a banjo for you

OCCY: ghost?...uh...casper.

i have no banjos with wolves on them. i even looked online a bit and all i found was this

i hope i am not causing banjowidth problems, mr fry.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Jun 18th, 2008 3:30pm Post subject: lately i feel all...
here's amyl's banjo

anybody else want one?

Aww that's a really dragon I really like the colour and how the tail ends as a flower. ^_^

Assuming direct control...

Zefla

Posted Wed Jun 18th, 2008 4:46pm Post subject: lately i feel all...
I'm sort of the opposite way Banjo. I'm generally a huggy type of person though I do get where you're coming from aswell. It's not very nice to be treated just as a piece of meat in a butchers shop..my new step uncle does this, always looks at my chest and is very touchy feely with both me and my younger sister. Because I'm a huggy sort of person, it's somehow implanted itself into his head that its okay for him to do this when I've told him about a million times to leave me alone.

I agree with Maren and everyone else. If you're not happy about it, talk to someone. It might help. It helped me after my 'thing' to the point where I can think about it now and not be hugely bothered by it. It doesn't have to be a professional. Just someone you feel comfy discussing things with. And if I can be any help, then just let me know. *icecream for Banjo instead of huggles*

I like the banjo's too! Most excellent.

Loona

Posted Wed Jun 18th, 2008 5:49pm Post subject: lately i feel all...
Thank you so much for the lovely banjo! I favour this one with the pentagrama anyway.

And here you are!! http://www.prosdi.com/#

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Jun 19th, 2008 3:00am Post subject: lately i feel all...
I'm sort of the opposite way Banjo. I'm generally a huggy type of person though I do get where you're coming from aswell. It's not very nice to be treated just as a piece of meat in a butchers shop..my new step uncle does this, always looks at my chest and is very touchy feely with both me and my younger sister. Because I'm a huggy sort of person, it's somehow implanted itself into his head that its okay for him to do this when I've told him about a million times to leave me alone.

I agree with Maren and everyone else. If you're not happy about it, talk to someone. It might help. It helped me after my 'thing' to the point where I can think about it now and not be hugely bothered by it. It doesn't have to be a professional. Just someone you feel comfy discussing things with. And if I can be any help, then just let me know. *icecream for Banjo instead of huggles*

I like the banjo's too! Most excellent.

thank you Zefla! i do like ice cream, how'd you know??

talking to people on here has helped out a lot! it doesn't wiegh on me as much as it was. sometimes i wonder if it's strange to be talking about such personal things on here, but you guys are all good friends to me now, so this to me is a safe place where i feel good.

i can see how you'd feel bothered by your stepuncle. sometimes you just know and feel that things are not done out of friendliness or affection. i'm sorry he didn't listen to you. has he stopped? how's the situation now?

Maxx England

Posted Thu Jun 19th, 2008 9:18pm Post subject: lately i feel all...

LOONA: that would be a good idea, the class! i took capoeira for awhile. it did help me be confident...what i do remember won't help with self defense! ...unless i can knock a mugger unconcious with a cartwheel...

You'll have a hell of a job fitting it in your handbag

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Jun 19th, 2008 9:36pm Post subject: lately i feel all...

You'll have a hell of a job fitting it in your handbag

HAHAHAHA!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1jL-9S-oD8

i haven't carried a handbag since...???hee

DESDEMONA:
sorry, i was delayed in getting your banjo to you! i don't have many left, unless i start looking for pics online!
here you go.