Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Jul 3rd, 2008 11:01am Post subject: lately i feel all...

haven't carried a handbag since...???hee

*shakehandswithbanjo* - handbags are a horror, I always walk about with bulged pockets

Me too! I don't like handbags so I shove everything in my pockets.

Last time I tried that my trousers fell down. And I got funny looks from people because I was wandering about with a book that had a hippo on the front. Didn't help that it was also bright orange.

I've never had that problem before. I wear combat trousers so lots of pockets to fill up!

Ah you see my problem is my hips. They're quite wide so I have to get trousers to go over them and try to get them to remain in place at my waist...which is quite small. I have a 1950's figure instead of the skinny straight line figure which all clothes these days seem to be made for. So trousers/jeans tend to end up baggy on me and I have to wear belts all the time. And skirts and me is not a good combination...no matter if they fit better.

Maxx- I believe you. The state some girls walk around in is just hideous. My jeans are only ultra low if I've forgotten to put a belt on.

I don't wear my trousers low either and I'm curvey and big too so finding a good fit is always a pain. The leg's are always too long as well and I have zero sewing skills so I have no idea how to begin turning them up. The best fitting ones I've owned were bought from army stores which are uber rare nowadays because most have closed down. I find men's pyjamas fit me really well too and are very comfortable (and come in better colours too). *glee*

I love men's pj's too...I'm trying to find a pair like Woosters heliotrope ones at the moment (I stupidly managed to put my foot through the crotch of my other pair I was very very tired and fell over..I do that a lot aswell) but I can't find any!

I'm not big and curvy, though I suspect it would be easier trying to find clothes that fit if I was a bit fatter. Just difficult having size 14 hips, size 8 waist and size 12 chest. I am very nearly an actual hourglass person. Yup legs are always faaar too long aswell. Yay for no sewing skills!

*glomp*

*glompglomp* I'm having trouble finding a lot of things these days. Coats, shoes, trousers. *sigh*

Assuming direct control...

Zefla

Posted Fri Jul 4th, 2008 11:36pm Post subject: lately i feel all...
Poor Amyl. *huggleglomps* I bet you look nice still though.

A star fell off my shoe today. Got tangled in the frayed bottoms of my jeans and just fell off when I ran for the bus.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Jul 5th, 2008 6:08am Post subject: lately i feel all...
amyl, we need to go shopping in japan.

unfortunately that would be a very expensive enterprise.

but that country has many small men, and i did not see them wearing giant clothes....;)

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Jul 6th, 2008 6:12pm Post subject: lately i feel all...
Hardly Ableto

Them are "Knucklebuster" fightin' words! X-D

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Maxx England

Posted Mon Jul 7th, 2008 10:40am Post subject: lately i feel all...
You're talking to a man who races a bike called the Cement Mixer.

At least your Honda isn't one of those Brass Foot things.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

TobiasMonk

Posted Mon Jul 7th, 2008 8:06pm Post subject: lately i feel all...
You're talking to a man who races a bike called the Cement Mixer.

At least your Honda isn't one of those Brass Foot things.

LOL, no it isn't one of those, though my dad does refer to it as my "arse rocket".

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Shyamz

Posted Tue Jul 8th, 2008 7:04pm Post subject: lately i feel all...
amyl, we need to go shopping in japan.

unfortunately that would be a very expensive enterprise.

but that country has many small men, and i did not see them wearing giant clothes....;)

Try reading the two "Fruits" books.

This isn't one of them, but the look inside feature on Amazon for this one will give you an idea of what's in them (but just lots of pictures, minus all the dull words):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/reader/4770030614/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-page

I MUST go to Japan, I MUST. :'(

Zefla

Posted Tue Jul 8th, 2008 10:58pm Post subject: lately i feel all...
You guys can do the shopping and I'll sit in a sushi bar all day. As long as someone buys me something interesting I won't mind.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Jul 10th, 2008 3:34am Post subject: lately i feel all...
i've seen those "fruits" books!

but...i was thinking more...typical clothes.
how boring of me!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Jul 12th, 2008 10:19pm Post subject: lately i feel all...
They've done a Gothic Lolita version of the Fruits books now. I don't own any of them but I have looked through them in shops. I love the gothic lolita look, done right it can be so beautiful and cute even. ^_^

Yeah let's all go to Japan! We could go to a butler café and pretend we're living in P.G. Wodehouse Land.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Jul 14th, 2008 7:45am Post subject: lately i feel all...

Yeah let's all go to Japan! We could go to a butler café and pretend we're living in P.G. Wodehouse Land.

a WHAT?

that might blow my brain off.

i spent just two weeks there, and it was great! but in retrospect, you could get many of the same effects of a trip to japan just by taking a good deal of hallucinogens and staying in a closet for two weeks...cramped quarters, bright lights, the food seems to still be moving while you eat it, and everyone is staring at you.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Jul 20th, 2008 7:43pm Post subject: lately i feel all...

a WHAT?

that might blow my brain off.

The butler cafés! They're like maid cafés only for women. There are two types, the ones where the butlers are men and the ones where the butlers are women dressed as men. The best one is supposed to be Swallowtail Café. They do them up really fancy like early 20th century or Victorian English. They treat you like royalty and when your time is up they say things like "Madam, your carriage awaits" or tell you something like you've got a violin recital or the opera to go to. I'd love to go to one they sound so good I've read reviews, seen some photos and video clips too. They look like they'd be a perfect place to spend the day in.

i spent just two weeks there, and it was great! but in retrospect, you could get many of the same effects of a trip to japan just by taking a good deal of hallucinogens and staying in a closet for two weeks...cramped quarters, bright lights, the food seems to still be moving while you eat it, and everyone is staring at you.

Zefla

Posted Tue Jul 22nd, 2008 11:24pm Post subject: lately i feel all...
Okay! Let's go to a butler cafe. *tries to locate explorer hat* And go....

My deer fell off my shoe. I don't know where he is now.