Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

christy

Posted Wed Sep 12th, 2007 5:26pm Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaRrrgghh!!!
I am tearing my hair out right now, because tickets for the Led Zep concert at the O2 in November are £125 each (that's before the touts get hold of them) and the website (www.ahmettribute.com), the ONLY place you can get them - is completely in meltdown!
So annoying.
I wonder if Mr Fry managed to get his tickets?
Has ANYBODY managed to get tickets?

*****always in the gutter, but looking at the stars*****

Shyamz

Posted Thu Sep 13th, 2007 12:23am Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
Nope, but then again I did manage to get tickets for the Prince show at the same venue on the 21st, but the cousin and two mates of mine who were supposed to be going no longer can.

I'm now having to run around madly trying to find three other people to go, as no one else I know can make it, so I don't end up having to go on my own and end up having to becoming a filthy tout myself and selling them on the night. :'(

It should be the most exiting thing I've ever done in my life, and now I'm just upset and angry at everyone.

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

I like this forum topic.

Saturn

Posted Thu Sep 13th, 2007 10:47am Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
Something tells me Stephen is not a Led Zeppelin fan.

I may be wrong but that doesn't sound like the kind of music he'd be into.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Sep 13th, 2007 10:59am Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
Something tells me Stephen is not a Led Zeppelin fan.

I may be wrong but that doesn't sound like the kind of music he'd be into.

But it is! He said so on Stephen Fry: Guilty. It's one of his guilty pleasures. He said he likes Led Zeppelin, Wagner and ABBA.

Assuming direct control...

Saturn

Posted Thu Sep 13th, 2007 11:01am Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
Guilty pleasure???

Why would you be embarrassed about liking Led Zep they're one of the greatest most influential rock bands ever!!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Sep 13th, 2007 11:19am Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
Guilty pleasure???

Why would you be embarrassed about liking Led Zep they're one of the greatest most influential rock bands ever!!

Don't ask me. It was his show and his choices. I don't have any guilty pleasures. I'm not embarrassed by anything I like. I don't feel like I should be.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Sep 13th, 2007 1:56pm Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
Guilty pleasure???

Don't ask me. It was his show and his choices. I don't have any guilty pleasures. I'm not embarrassed by anything I like. I don't feel like I should be.

yeah, but you don't have a bazillion people watching everything you do, asking you all about it, and and expecting you to be perfect.

or do you?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Sep 13th, 2007 2:03pm Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
Guilty pleasure???

yeah, but you don't have a bazillion people watching everything you do, asking you all about it, and and expecting you to be perfect.

or do you?

No.

ratoutofhell

Posted Thu Sep 13th, 2007 5:30pm Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
Guilty pleasure???

or do you?

No.

As far as you know...

*cue Twilight Zone titles*

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Sep 13th, 2007 5:46pm Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
Guilty pleasure???

or do you?

No.

As far as you know...

*cue Twilight Zone titles*

WAHH!! Don't scare me! :'( *hidesunderbedcovers*

christy

Posted Thu Sep 13th, 2007 6:43pm Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
Yeah, 'guilty pleasures' my a*se! You shouldn't feel guilty about things which give you pleasure (unless they are criminal acts which deliberately cause undesired harm to other people - just covering myself there!)
I'm surprised Stephen didn't make some sort of statement to this effect at the beginning of the programme... after all, when he was on Room 101 he put Room 101 in Room 101(!!) for the precise reason that he doesn't enjoy programmes which sneer at things. He even suggested a replcement called 'Room Lovely'!
What would you put in your Room Lovely?
-Bichon Frise dogs and Olives stuffed with garlic for a start! (stuffed olives, not the dogs!!

*****always in the gutter, but looking at the stars*****

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Sep 13th, 2007 6:50pm Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
CHOCOLATE!!!!

Shyamz

Posted Thu Sep 13th, 2007 10:51pm Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
Louis Garell, Chris O'Dowd, and my MP3 player...for now, that'd do me I reckon.

Shyamz

Posted Thu Sep 13th, 2007 11:06pm Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
AAAARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! Olives!!!!!!!!!!!! They're scaring me!!!!!!! And the licorice!!!!!!!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Do we have a Room 101 topic were we can put all these?

As for other Rant Room hates, how about going on to the Troma Movie website to finaly buy all the Troma films I've wanted all these years, only to discover that the shipping costs to my area, (area 2 international) is $60...

$60?!??!

O.K I know why they had to do that sort of thing, because the cheaper airmail services kept loosing the parcels, but still...$60!! And that's even if you only buy ONE!!
They kindly provide another service were you can buy them from another website to download directly to your computer...A service that ISN'T availible in the U.K!!!!!! How is THAT helping anyone exactly?!??

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Sep 13th, 2007 11:08pm Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
We could start a Room 101 thread.