Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Sep 14th, 2007 1:23am Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
what if we put that thread in it?
what happens to spacetime?
or does "happens" lose all meaning at the ... whatsit... singularity?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Sep 14th, 2007 8:30am Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
The forum might go screwy again!

Assuming direct control...

christy

Posted Fri Sep 14th, 2007 5:47pm Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
ROOM 101 ?
Don't get me started!
Nuclear weapons. Parabens and/or preservatives in every F***ing product.
Stupid phrases like 'serving suggestion'. Bags of nuts which bear the phrase 'warning:contains nuts' !!!! Local governments who spend more on a logo than education/ recycling facilities....aaaargh.
I'd better go and have a lie down in Room Lovely...
Hope you all have lovely things planned for the weekend.

*****always in the gutter, but looking at the stars*****

Shyamz

Posted Fri Sep 14th, 2007 7:54pm Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
We should have a Room 101 AND a Room Lovely

christy

Posted Fri Sep 14th, 2007 8:07pm Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
There already is a Room Lovely thread and a Room 101,
see General Musings

*****always in the gutter, but looking at the stars*****

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Sep 14th, 2007 9:24pm Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
Yeah I made both threads so we have a nice and equal balance!

Assuming direct control...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Sep 17th, 2007 11:37am Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
I'd happily put Led Zeppelin into Room 101. Macho rock never did it for me.

Room Lovely...

Anchovies
Breasts
Cheese

There, enough for starters.

Hanny

Posted Tue Oct 16th, 2007 1:08pm Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
i love led zeppelin and cant believe the tickets are so expensive! and thats if you even get through the random selection process to have a chance to buy them!
but whats the betting that celebrities wont have to worry about getting hold of tickets or even paying for them for that matter!
at least the opportunities that comes with being famous is endless, but what about us!

there i feel better now that i cant go!

Ernest Worthing

Posted Sun Oct 21st, 2007 5:34pm Post subject: Led Zeppelin!!
I'd happily put Led Zeppelin into Room 101. Macho rock never did it for me.
I agree. In fact, they would be one of the first things that comes to my mind when thinking of something to put into Room 101. Their popularity astounds me. The fact that they get so much acclaim as a live band will always confuse me, because from the live recordings of them that I've heard, they were exceedingly sloppy and Jimmy Page's guitar was almost always out of tune. The Song Remains the Same and the Led Zeppelin compilation DVD from 2003 are prime examples of this. In almost all live videos of Whole Lotta Love, Jimmy Page proved that he does not deserve to be on any of the '100 best guitarists' lists that he so often tops. He always plays notes which are not even in the same key signature that the other musicians are performing from, and they sound awkwardly out of place. The same can be said of Robert Plant's vocals, which were messed up even at the best of times, both tonally and lyrically. I would put these problems down to their overuse of drugs, but even when they are sober, I would not go to see them. Unless I was being payed for it, of course.

They certainly played a significant role in the history of modern pop music, but I do not find their music even remotely appealing. I like the 'rock' genre, but I hate Led Zeppelin's music.

i love led zeppelin and cant believe the tickets are so expensive!
I cannot say that I found the extortionate prices all that shocking, in all honesty. In general, prices these days are completely over-the-top, so it was only to be expected for a band like Led Zeppelin to charge so much for a one-off show. And I'm sure they will end up releasing a video of it in a couple of years, because they will want to milk this for all that they can.