Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2007 7:31pm Post subject: Leopard next blog topic??
Hey, anyone a Mac user here? (Methinks Merry Mary is).

Got hold of your Leopard OS disc yet?

TNT delivered ours 1800 today as partner is fanatic......he says he wanted it because Leopard is reportedly better for the mail (male ? X-D) component ....
...in any case I believe our Mr. Fry is a Macphile so what are his thoughts I wonder?
Well, I guess if he is writing a piece for the Guardian we won't see his thoughts in his blog....darn, I'll be forced to buy newsprint....at least the cats appreciate it in their litter tray!

ClareBear

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2007 9:59pm Post subject: Leopard next blog topic??
I reckon there'll be a word or a thousand on Leopard.....I'll be getting mine once i've dropped some more RAM in.

Darker Times

Posted Sat Oct 27th, 2007 9:17pm Post subject: Leopard next blog topic??
Hi

Another Mac user here.

I will not be rushing out to buy Leopard yet, as I will wait maybe 12 months to see how the new software beds in.

I am sure that Stephen will be giving us the low down in his next blog.

No doubt he has been a beta tester for some time ?

Salutations

moochy

Posted Sat Nov 10th, 2007 7:54pm Post subject: Leopard next blog topic??
I've upgraded to Leopard. Very good. There are a few little things that I dont think I'll use that much or are a bit OTT for my liking but impressed with it generally.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Nov 12th, 2007 7:52pm Post subject: Leopard next blog topic??
Leopard + Flookwit's MacBook =

I especially love the Time machine. However, I had a devil of a job getting rid of my previous backup software (Carbon Copy Cloner) to enable Leopard to allow Time Machine to work. Silly me thought that all I had to do was shove CCC in the Trash.....Nooooo! Didn't work. Fiddle, fiddle, fiddle and hours later i have persuaded CCC to vamoose. I understand that the geek-press are wondering if Time Machine function will increase the sales of external secondary hard drives. Anyone want to start a bet? I reckon those of us who already backed up to external hard drives will continue to do so, and those who didn't will not. But I'm merely a flookwit so what do I know?!