Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Mon Oct 29th, 2007 12:20am Post subject: Let me gloat...
... for I bought my QI Annual (series E) the other day....

Anyone else get it yet??

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Oct 29th, 2007 8:08am Post subject: Let me gloat...
I'm getting it for christmas. My mum's already bought me the Book of Animal Ignorance for christmas.

Assuming direct control...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Nov 10th, 2007 5:25pm Post subject: Let me gloat...
The more I use this forum the more I think I really need those books of general ignorance. Not just want - NEED. Unless I want to make a complete dick of myself on a regular basis like Alan.

seasun545

Posted Sat Nov 10th, 2007 5:38pm Post subject: Let me gloat...
...I know that feeling of NEED. I haven´t stopped till I found the dvd of "Wilde" and "Moab is my washpot". Now I really NEED to go to London to buy the dvd´s of "A bit of....". Someday....

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Nov 10th, 2007 5:52pm Post subject: Let me gloat...
Hello Seasun! I know what you mean, but I really did mean "need". Like you I get passionate desires to buy things to complete collections and so on (and so I say I need them), but as far as these books are concerned I really mean "need" according to the dictionary.
The General Ignorance round in QI proves that most of us walk around every day thinking absolute nonsense just because everybody else does. So I really believe I need these books so I don't talk complete bollocks.

seasun545

Posted Sat Nov 10th, 2007 8:38pm Post subject: Let me gloat...
X-D X-D then, go for it!!!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Nov 10th, 2007 9:03pm Post subject: Let me gloat...
I finally saw the QI Annual in a shop today. I couldn't resist temptation and just had to peek. It looks cool! I like how they've made a lot of pages and artwork look like old annuals from the 70s. Brilliant I can't wait to get my hands on it christmas day and start reading it.

Assuming direct control...