Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

MichelleGoff

Posted Fri Oct 7th, 2011 12:15am Post subject: Letters from Stephen Fry

I know this may sound like a silly question but who on here has had a letter from Stephen Fry?

I have, it was a complete inspiration to me as he gave me advice in coping with my depression by comparing it to the weather, a very cleaver comparison indeed.

I mentioned I am Autistic as well and he understood how difficult things can be for me where confidence is concerned.

I am very thankful to him for replying.

I have some Fake Bacon A.K.A Facon

IdeaCollector

Posted Sun Oct 9th, 2011 4:24am Post subject: Letters from Stephen Fry

I've not but I have heard of a few people getting something back over the years.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

jordan_israel

Posted Sun Nov 20th, 2011 6:40pm Post subject: Letters from Stephen Fry

no... though i'm here only 2 hours (as wroting him to come back to israel,coz i missed him) XD i'm trying to find the Button gives to post in the forum, and I can not find! I want to write "the funniest moments of Stephen '... I would never have fun as I laughed yesterday when I watched blackadder ... He just cried (Last season, the first chapter): "a murderer pigeons ____!!!!" and I almost fell on the floor with laughter +2 min air which I didn't have! ... And more giggles for ... To this day on the bit!! He is amazing ... Can anyone help me? I also hope to meet. It's a dream life becomes true.

i love chocolate, CSI, "dinnerladies", the history channel, my friends, comedy movies, music, gordon ramsey...
who cares?! we have [the amazing] stephen fry!

jordan_israel

Posted Sun Nov 20th, 2011 6:41pm Post subject: Letters from Stephen Fry

i love chocolate, CSI, "dinnerladies", the history channel, my friends, comedy movies, music, gordon ramsey...
who cares?! we have [the amazing] stephen fry!

Nitro

Posted Sat Dec 17th, 2011 8:21am Post subject: Letters from Stephen Fry

That comparison between mood change and the weather is brilliant. I've used it to convey to people who are, for lack of a better explanation, harsh on the characters of people who suffer with mental illness ("They're just weak willed. They like pity." etc etc crap ). Several have said that when they think about it as Stephen put it, that it increased their understanding.

Some people blame themselves when someone else gets sick. They may not say it, but they do. And, unfortunately, it gives way to anger and resentment towards the sick person because they feel impotent to help them.

Really? Wow.