Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Jul 10th, 2007 9:14pm Post subject: Life On Mars
This has to be one of the best new drama to hit our screens in years. There's been a lot of good stuff but this has been so much better. It's so addictive you just want to watch more before the credits have even finished rolling. I love all the characters - Sam, Gene, Annie, Chris and....well Ray not so much. He's a git. Can't wait for the new Ashes To Ashes series. No Sam but Gene, Chris and Ray are going to be there!

Assuming direct control...

Ernest Worthing

Posted Tue Jul 10th, 2007 9:21pm Post subject: Life On Mars
I've loved ever since the first episode was broadcast, and the DVDs of the show are probably some of the best things I have ever bought! Ray is a total div (to use his words), but the show just wouldn't be the same without his character. I wish that Sam had smacked him on more occasions than he did, because he really deserved it! It was all so well written, and every single episode was a timeless classic. Oh, and the one-liners seem to get funnier every single time I watch it!

I also like the ambiguous ending that they left us with - it's always good to leave the viewer to ponder on what really happened at the end.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Jul 10th, 2007 9:31pm Post subject: Life On Mars
So true. The series wouldn't have been the same without Ray. I'm surprised Sam didn't get into fights with him more often. The episodes are so well written, not a dud in sight. I've got the dvd boxsets too. Worth every penny. I don't normally buy dramas other than Dr Who, Buffy and Star Trek but I can totally see myself watching this again and again.

ClareBear

Posted Tue Jul 10th, 2007 10:57pm Post subject: Life On Mars
I reckon it's got a decent chance of walking out of the NTAs with "Best Drama"

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Jul 10th, 2007 11:00pm Post subject: Life On Mars
That would be good. Especially after it only won one award at this year's BAFTAs (surprisingly).

Monday's Child

Posted Tue Jul 10th, 2007 11:22pm Post subject: Life On Mars
Just got both series on dvd (finally!) and am so happy! Such an original, inventive, superbly written, fantastically acted, gripping piece of drama. The characterisations are brilliant and the plots for each episode, as well as the overall premise, just amazing. I'll miss Sam, mostly for his character of course but partly for his tastyness (just remebering him tied to that bed - ) but you can't argue with Mr Hunt who of course is an absolute legend already. And I love Chris for his dippyness. That thing about the Pernod made me laugh so much. And even Ray was vital as the antagonism between Sam and himself created so much tension. When they had that bout of fisticuffs in the locker room I was practically shouting at the telly!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Jul 11th, 2007 9:20am Post subject: Life On Mars
I'll miss Sam, mostly for his character of course but partly for his tastyness (just remebering him tied to that bed - )

mmmmm

Yeah I'll miss him too.

And I love Chris for his dippyness.

I love his dippyness too. Very cute. ^_^

And even Ray was vital as the antagonism between Sam and himself created so much tension. When they had that bout of fisticuffs in the locker room I was practically shouting at the telly!

Great scene. I was almost beginning to lose hope that they'd ever have a ruff and tumble.

Ernest Worthing

Posted Sun Jul 29th, 2007 3:13am Post subject: Life On Mars
Ashes To Ashes picture!

Chris' trousers are absurd!

ClareBear

Posted Sun Jul 29th, 2007 8:35am Post subject: Life On Mars
Definitely looking forward to this.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Jul 29th, 2007 7:28pm Post subject: Life On Mars
SQUEEE!!!! I can't wait! And yay Chris is back even if he is in crappy jeans.

Monday's Child

Posted Sun Jul 29th, 2007 11:55pm Post subject: Life On Mars
Haha! Ray's looking sharp

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Oct 6th, 2007 8:23pm Post subject: Life On Mars
Life on Mars in a Nutshell

I love this girl's artwork! ^_^

Ernest Worthing

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 12:43am Post subject: Life On Mars
So, thoughts on Ashes To Ashes?

I personally love it. Alex is very different to Sam but also very different Gene, and I think her character development should be interesting - and the references to Sam's fate in both the present day and 1981 only further obscure what actually happened at the end of Life on Mars, and I'm sure the writers will be delighted at the inevitable speculation that it will cause!
The similar directorial style, camera-work and editing to Life On Mars is also very nice to see, as I thought that was one of the defining features of the show.

LilyG

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 5:06am Post subject: Life On Mars
m glad that the directorial/cinematography remains similar to LOM.

as for gene...MMMMMMMM!!!!

CollectorManiac

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 2:57pm Post subject: Life On Mars
woot Ashes to Ashes was ace!
not as good as Life on Mars but still pretty dan good lol
the soundtrack won me ovr =D