Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nele

Posted Wed Feb 13th, 2008 4:26am Post subject: light, funny, satirical verse NOT about manic depression
Yes, I know this might seem a bit drastic but the problem is, I seem to be the only one in the whole forum that is not bipolar. My mother's family is completly bipolar to a point which is crippling. I however am only a realist. I also strongly agree with Wilde that all bad poetry comes from genuine feeling. I'm not saying that you can't write fantastic poems about manic depression there is just a certain point where it becomes slightly cliché. Therefore I have decided to make a forum for light verse. And I'm starting with a Spenserian Stanza:

You see the ash in here - the dirty cup?
My creativity and mind are hurt
I'm certain poets should not tidy up
It honestly is terribly absurd
That I should contemplate removing dirt
And arm myself with hoover, pan or broom
And leave my pen, forget the mighty word
Regrettably I will not clean my room
but write a Spenser Stanza, Ode, or maybe great Pantoum

It's not a very good one but I like it. I screamed it at my mother when she was trying to force me clean up my room. I say, it's mightily effective. She was rolling on the floor laughing and forgot all about the room for at least five minutes.

Now it's your turn!

Desdemona

Posted Thu Apr 3rd, 2008 6:32pm Post subject: light, funny, satirical verse NOT about manic depression
Ahhh I love it.
Its really and truely great!

(oh and im not Bipolar, just like to help )

Skip Life and come with me?

lol8ta_120

Posted Tue Apr 13th, 2010 2:36am Post subject: light, funny, satirical verse NOT about manic depression

!!!!!!!!!!!

I no longer believe that we can keep silent. We never really do, mind you. In one way or another, we articulate what has happened to us through the kind of people we become.
---Azar Nafisi