Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

blackadder

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 10:59pm Post subject: Lighting strike
Hi Stephen;
Did you know one of your big trees in your garden was once struck by lighting,

I know because I saw it happen, let me explain, many years ago I was driving home from Kings Lynn to the village where I was living at the time, there was a horrible storm with thunder, lighting and heavy driving rain – it was horrible to drive in, anyway as I was driving past you Norfolk home I had my driver window down to help clear the mist from my window screen, just as I was driving past you house and garden a huge lighting bolt flashed down to earth and struck the top of a tree in your garden, the noise was deafening it was like a bomb going off as I turned my head I saw a bough break off in a cloud of smoke and fall to the floor, I scared the c*** out of me, I often wondered if you ever new about your lighting strike.

You can take the man out of Norfolk but you can't take the Norfolk out of the man.

AxmxZ

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 11:50pm Post subject: Lighting strike
That... is the most brilliant and random thing I've ever read on this forum.

Terri

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 11:27am Post subject: Lighting strike
When I saw the topic subject I thought this was going to be about some industrial action on the set of Kingdom or QI that meant we wouldn't be able to see His Royal Fryness in all his Fluffy loveliness!

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 3:15pm Post subject: Lighting strike
I don't know what's more amazing: Seeing lightning strike around Stephen's house our simply seeing Stephen's house. *would put a rose on the doorstep every day*

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

blackadder

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 6:58pm Post subject: Lighting strike
Hi AxmyZ
Thanks for the kind words - what's the weather like in Chicago

You can take the man out of Norfolk but you can't take the Norfolk out of the man.

AxmxZ

Posted Wed May 9th, 2007 12:26am Post subject: Lighting strike
Hi AxmyZ
Thanks for the kind words - what's the weather like in Chicago

Weather's warm, vaguely cloudy and hazy. Spring is finally here, after a couple of false starts. But the multi-colored orgy of tulips decorating downtown is already winding up, which is pretty sad.