Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Mushroomoid Miss

Posted Wed Dec 10th, 2008 6:18pm Post subject: Lille
Yay!! I'm going on a school trip to Lille on Friday! I can't wait! We leave tomorrow night at midnight and don't get back until midnight on Friday! But never mind, it's going to be great! I've never left the country before (it's only been 15 and half years!) and I'm soooooooooo excited! We're to a Christmas market and I'm going to get everybody's presents so put in your orders now!

xxxx

I've rather misunderstood Burt and his bat sperm.

sniffles

Posted Wed Dec 10th, 2008 6:31pm Post subject: Lille
*wishing you lots of fun*

M-y-s-t-e-r-y

Posted Wed Dec 10th, 2008 6:35pm Post subject: Lille
Oo have a good time
do enjoy yourself now dear, remember you are representing your school..etc..etc..
Do you ever get that talk at school?
x

Mushroomoid Miss

Posted Wed Dec 10th, 2008 6:40pm Post subject: Lille
Yeah! We've even been told not to buy alcohol and cigarettes (no matter how cheap!). We're 15 and 16 for god's sake!

Desdemona

Posted Wed Dec 10th, 2008 6:51pm Post subject: Lille
awh how cool.
im sure you will love it.

We're 15 and 16 for god's sake!

you would be supprised.

Are you going by coach or plane?

Skip Life and come with me?

elTweeno

Posted Wed Dec 10th, 2008 8:13pm Post subject: Lille
Yeah! We've even been told not to buy alcohol and cigarettes (no matter how cheap!). We're 15 and 16 for god's sake!

Ahem. Yes. Well. I may have...erm...been one of the group on my school's French Exchange who got mortally drunk one night...at the age of 15... Our sore heads the next morning were greeted with that old teacher's favourite: the 'I'm disappointed, you've let the school down' speech.

It put me off Creme du Menthe for life, though!

So, have fun, but stay sober! (Or at least, don't drink anything bright green... :?)

eT

I'm also on Twitter: elTweeno (of course!)

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Dec 10th, 2008 9:19pm Post subject: Lille
have fun and yes don't drink. i know you aren't of age so lets keep it this side of the law shall we?

*giggles*

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

joan

Posted Thu Dec 11th, 2008 1:08pm Post subject: Lille
Lucky you! it is great there - I went on a school trip to Lille when I was 16 - we stayed 3 weeks with French families, and mine was a wine merchant's family. Lots of fun, wine, good food, rock&roll, outings,and speaking French the whole time (it got easier and easier each day)

Enjoy it, and don't forget your camera.

Pink champagne is nice - I found that out on my trip - it was the first alcohol I'd ever drunk (and the last till I was 18 - strict parents.)

Those Christmas markets are so tempting, and the atmosphere is great. I went to some in 2001 when i visited family there in a village near Paris. I remember they had a bonfire in the middle of the market, and you could get roast chestnuts.

Mushroomoid Miss

Posted Thu Dec 18th, 2008 10:17pm Post subject: Lille
Thanks everyone! I had a really brilliant time, Lille is beautiful. It was a really fantastic trip, but incredibly tiring. I didn't sleep for about 40 hours! At one point I think it was just me and the bus driver awake (well, I hope he was awake!). I occupied myself by watching HIV and Me (thanks Fryphile!) and SLOTMD on iPod so I definitely wasn't bored! And I certainly made up for the lack of sleep; I didn't get up until 3 o'clock on Saturday afternoon!

I've uploaded some pictures onto Photobucket if anyone would like to see them. They're mainly buildings and silly pictures of my toy Rabbit in various locations in France!

http://s398.photobucket.com/albums/pp65/GarlandGirl5/Lille/