Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Maniac

Posted Sat Feb 17th, 2007 3:08pm Post subject: Living with D/MD
I've been thinking about how depression/bipolar affects our lives and how people cope with everyday things.
I was hoping people wouldn't mind posting what they do for a living and how they find it affects them.
Or how their condition stops them from working etc.

I do not wish to pry, just curious.

Thanks
Maniac

Maniac

Posted Sat Feb 17th, 2007 3:10pm Post subject: Living with D/MD
Der!
Didn't do me.
I'm a school teacher who finds it actually helps me to be the teacher I want to be.
I've mentioned I don't have a bipolar diagnoses but am pretty sure I am bipolar II.
When I'm full of energy and creative I can teach wonderful lessons and have the energy to enjoy the whole days' teaching and be really enthusiastic.
The depression side of me - which is the greater - has given me insight.
I have empathy with young people and colleagues I don't think I would have had.
So I think it has made me who I am, and luckily, I like that person.

meekychuppet

Posted Sat Feb 17th, 2007 4:09pm Post subject: Living with D/MD
I am a student and a writer.

I find that my creativity and abstract perceptual depth are tremendously affected by it in a positive way. I also find that it gives me a lot in terms of arts and humanities. I have always excelled in those areas. I write poetry, prose, theatre and stories. I play guitar, bass guitar, drums, percussion, piano and mandolin. I am a cyclist, swimmer, I spend ages in the gym, play football. The energy comes from MD.

JVONEARTH

Posted Sat Feb 17th, 2007 11:14pm Post subject: Living with D/MD
I used to be a paint sprayer and i used to run a custom paint shop.
Done that for about 8 years but my manic episodes were getting rather bad so i was let's say removed.
I didn't know what to do so i just started doing gardening for people just so if i was having a bad time i could deal with it in my time rather than pissing a boss off.
It's going ok.

Maniac

Posted Sat Feb 17th, 2007 11:59pm Post subject: Living with D/MD
Good.
Positive posts so far!