Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Maxx England

Posted Thu Nov 19th, 2009 8:01pm Post subject: Local music events

Friday, November 20th. Live (I'd buy tickets to see a zombie band) at the Onward Club, Helmswood Drive, Chelmsley Wood, Birmingham UK, Black Sun starting the evening off at 20:00, two folk acts and then Leg In The Water.

Be there or be an equilateral rectilinear figure.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

Maxx England

Posted Thu Mar 11th, 2010 7:09pm Post subject: Local music events

Went to Swanage 5/6/7/8 for the Blues Festival. This is a clear instruction to anyone who wants to hear good, straight ahead jamming at a level you'd expect from seriously big names, then get yourself down there for the October Festival.

Jams on the Saturday and Sunday afternoons, and we take it somewhere else, you can't believe how good Robin Bibi organises which players are on with which.

Imaginary Forces

Posted Sat Mar 20th, 2010 12:47am Post subject: Local music events

Not that it is near you, or neccessarily of any relevance but I am thinking about going to Copenhagen to see Autechre for thier Oversteps tour. Also, might be off to New York to do a few shows myself once my album hits.

Imaginary Forces

The elevation of filth gives birth to the atheology of the biological continuum...

Maxx England

Posted Mon Mar 29th, 2010 9:04pm Post subject: Local music events

We played downstairs at the Greenwood pub on Saturday night. How best to describe the clientele of the pub? One band member summed it up; it's like the waiting room for the Jeremy Kyle Show.

Next time we're supposed to be going somewhere that the locals can walk upright and think at the same time.

kelly7898

Posted Tue May 11th, 2010 4:45pm Post subject: Local music events

Maxx England said:
We played downstairs at the Greenwood pub on Saturday night. How best to describe the clientele of the pub? One band member summed it up; it's like the waiting room for the Jeremy Kyle Show.

Next time we're supposed to be going somewhere that the locals can walk upright and think at the same time.

I also think so. Thank you for the post.

Maxx England

Posted Mon Jun 21st, 2010 8:31pm Post subject: Local music events

Thursday June 24th, New Firs Social Club, B36. An open mic. Come and enjoy or even take part.

Link to address, venue details:

http://www.thenewfirs.co.uk/thursday.html

Maxx England

Posted Tue Jul 20th, 2010 5:39pm Post subject: Local music events

Same again, last Thursday of the month.