Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

stephenfryagain

Posted Sun Sep 27th, 2009 6:23am Post subject: Lost interest...

it seems to me stephen fry is more than ready to start a project but lest a publishers deadline (and threat to reclaim a check) looms he gives up... sad

captainslow

Posted Wed Sep 30th, 2009 7:09pm Post subject: Lost interest...

tsk tsk

Have patience.. I firmly believe Mr Fry shares a passion with a Mr Adams, D regarding a particular sound.
In the words, of said Adams, Douglas:

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

There will undoubtedly be new episodes and they will be like wine, matured over time.

Capt Slow

“Depression is the inability to construct a future”

wildfire

Posted Fri Oct 2nd, 2009 6:23am Post subject: Lost interest...

maybe the mistake is to pre-announce 16 episodes.

Take the George Lucas approach and jump to episode 9.

stephenfryagain

Posted Mon Oct 19th, 2009 6:13am Post subject: Lost interest...

given the massive flurry of published, upcoming and twitter worthy material S.Fry has mentioned it seems poor old Donald has been put on the shelf. Perhaps the draw of becoming a perennial talking head and national treasure has taken precedence?

crackers_76

Posted Mon Oct 19th, 2009 6:28am Post subject: Lost interest...

The frequency of posts to this thread indicates that there is still a great deal of interest in the Trefusis project. Is there any chance of an indication of its status, Andrew?

gjhsu

Posted Thu Oct 22nd, 2009 6:40am Post subject: Lost interest...

People waited 20 years for Star Wars prequels, and that turned out to be complete garbage, so at least we can take solace in whatever happens with Donald, it will be better than what Lucas delivered...

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Oct 22nd, 2009 1:47pm Post subject: Lost interest...

*Force chokes gjhsu*

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

gjhsu

Posted Thu Oct 22nd, 2009 6:14pm Post subject: Lost interest...

Fryphile said:
*Force chokes gjhsu*

Hey now... the original 3 were great, I can't show enough love for those, but the prequels.... they make me cry.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Oct 22nd, 2009 7:08pm Post subject: Lost interest...

gjhsu said:
Hey now... the original 3 were great, I can't show enough love for those, but the prequels....

Imma let you finish, but I just wanted to say that Jar Jar Binks is the greatest movie character OF ALL TIME! OF ALL TIME!

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

gjhsu

Posted Fri Oct 23rd, 2009 4:52am Post subject: Lost interest...

Fryphile said:
Imma let you finish, but I just wanted to say that Jar Jar Binks is the greatest movie character OF ALL TIME! OF ALL TIME!

Bwahahahahaha! I had to go grab a glass of water so I could have something to spit/shoot-out-my-nose.

exoskeleton

Posted Fri Oct 23rd, 2009 5:24am Post subject: Lost interest...

I saw Revenge at the Sith with friends who had never seen any Star Wars movies before...when Anakin and Obi-Wan were fighting one commented said "oh, at least one of these guys has to die here."

in this case, much longer and Trefusis's choice of a dongle will seem outmoded!

sockdolager.

IdeaCollector

Posted Fri Oct 23rd, 2009 5:31am Post subject: Lost interest...

Lawl Fryphile...*embarrassing revelation time* Our cat is named for Jar Jar Binks.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Webbywebweb

Posted Tue Jan 5th, 2010 11:21am Post subject: Lost interest...

Hi all,
I have just downloaded the first two episodes and therefore am a little new to this party. The fact that there are 42 posts already encouraged me to add my voice as it's surely due to the large numbers of people involved that any form of response was received.

I have a couple of questions for Andrew or any forum poster:

1. Does anyone know why the episodes are still available to download from iTunes, months after this post has both started and been responded to, still without the disclaimers that posts here have suggested (e.g. these are occasional episodes/this is an incomplete collection)?

2. Is there any reason why a simple redirect to the relevant pictures referenced in the download is not in place? (Or not working?)

[- If the reference to Stephenfry.com/picture1 forms part of the purchased download, then the link it references is surely part of the package - and that package is incomplete.]

- My opinion on this whole affair is the following. If Stephen Fry has the time and resources to be an entertainer, it is because he has a following of people willing (I would say in my case eager) to read/listen to his words and watch his performances. It is the fact that he has such a large fan base that means he can entertain and not, for example, earn a living in another, possible less diverting way. Surely then some consideration for these fans is not too much to hope for. And when this consideration involves a slight change in a description of a download and one working link to be fixed in over 6 months, then it seems ever more upsetting that this small consideration has still not been shown.

(Sorry, this is quite a long post!)

AnthonySmirnovini

Posted Mon Apr 5th, 2010 5:16am Post subject: Lost interest...

Calling the Fantastic Mr. Fry a "money grabber" is despicable and should be punishable by law. Mr. Fry is one of the most selfless people on Earth. If you buy the first three editions of a series and have to wait a couple months to get the next one, you are not getting robbed. If you truly loved the series (I did ), then you should be prepared to wait. Am I right?

wildfire

Posted Sun Apr 18th, 2010 9:16pm Post subject: Lost interest...

*Paging Mr Fry*
*You are needed in studio 3 for Trefusis recording*
*Thankyou*